Software Engineer in Test
Position: Software Engineer in Test
Location: Burlington, MA, USA + Surrounding Areas
At Zscaler, we are on a mission to redefine network security for the Cloud and Mobile-First World.
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Zscaler is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Software Engineer in Test to be a part of their growing engineering team developing a cloud based Zero Trust cyber security solution. The solution ingests and analyzes millions of events per second and uses many emerging technologies, including Kafka Streams, Elasticsearch, Docker container services, and more. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in automated test frameworks, and strong coding experience with Python.
- Convert technical and product requirements into use cases and test cases
- Develop and implement test tools and test suites to enable us to build and qualify our solutions in a continuous integration and testing environment
- Design, develop, and execute acceptance, performance, and regression test automation
- Participate in release planning, sprint planning, and technical design reviews
- Conduct troubleshooting, triage, and root cause analysis to find and document defects, and validate fixes
- Work closely with the developers to instrument the system for performance and scalability analysis
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of products
- 3+ years experience in quality assurance and automation
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Expertise in writing automated tests using Python, Golang, Bash, and/or Java
- Experience with a cloud computing environment like Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Must have experience testing web services using RESTful APIs
- Must have experience with or be comfortable quickly becoming familiar with our technology stack which includes Docker, Java Spring framework, PostgreSQL, Apache Kafka
- Should have experience with implementing or developing load and performance test tools
- Experience with network security technologies is a plus
- Experience with front-end testing frameworks like Cypress is a plus
- Ability to understand, write, and execute complex SQL and NoSQL queries is a plus
- Experience with testing Linux and Windows software is a plus
- Proficiency with tools like Ansible, Terraform, and Jenkins is a plus
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200+ of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.9/5.0 = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.