Position: Director, Purchasing
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, the Director, Purchasing is responsible for establishing Zscaler’s worldwide purchasing strategy, cost effectiveness and ensuring the integrity of world-wide purchasing and sourcing activities. The candidate must be a leader, have experience in complex negotiation across the various purchasing segments and must have a proven record of leading a cost-effective purchasing department in a high growth technology company. The candidate must also be detail oriented, have strong organization and communication skills, be hands-on and a trainer who can oversee back office operations as well as Zscaler employees. The position requires management capabilities to communicate with and educate finance and non-finance personnel on purchase policies, costing requirements and competitive purchasing techniques and opportunities.
- Establish world-wide purchasing strategy in line with Zscaler’s international foot print and growth requirements
- Strategic price and contract negotiations. Manage negotiations, pricing, quality & availability. Research market intelligence & make strategic recommendations for purchasing components
- Manage relationship with cloud based spend management/e-procurement vendor and develop strategic initiatives to increase efficiencies across the organization
- Benchmark suppliers against metrics to assure logistic and cost performance
- Establish vendor management process to monitor and improve vendor performance as appropriate. Be the lead contact for suppliers in these categories, working in close partnership with internal teams
- Lead contract negotiations and manage the competitive bidding process for identified opportunities
- Own the worldwide vendor signatory list and make changes as business requirements evolve
- Partner with Legal to ensure all vendor contracts are current and compliant
- At least 10 years of hands-on working experience showing consistent progression
- Seasoned Procurement skill set required; i.e. analytics, buy strategies and tactical negotiation
- Analytical thinking - Ability to quickly analyze data and transform it into meaningful insight
- Strong Interpersonal skills - ability to work effectively as part of a team in an unstructured environment; comfortable and effective in influencing at all levels; ability to tactfully give/receive constructive feedback
- Creative -- Inquisitive attitude, can identify new and better ways; active external learner that takes advantage of ideas, best practices, and solutions developed elsewhere
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and other colleagues, and demonstrate initiative, mature judgment, superior customer service orientation, and the ability to anticipate the needs of the organization
- Execution - persistent drive for results utilizing sound project management, organizational and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement
- Must be a "self-starter" with a can-do attitude and a serious desire to have a positive impact on our company
- Strong day-to-day project management skills
- BA/BS degree required (Advancement in negotiation skills preferred)
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.