Principal Site Reliability Engineer
Position: Principal Site Reliability Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
** U.S. Citizen is required ** due to the nature of customers assigned to this role.
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
We are currently seeking a Principal Site Reliability Engineer to join our Emerging Technologies infrastructure team. In this role you will be supporting our Zscaler Private Access (ZPA) products. This position will give you the opportunity to challenge yourself as we rapidly scale our business and grow our global footprint.
Responsibilities/ What You'll Do:
- Design and mentor members of the SRE team on various cloud technologies
- Create and deploy scalable systems suited to hyper growth at the cloud level
- Design, engineer and automate the deployment of various big data clusters
- Design and implement automation for the cloud using modern technology
- Resolve platform escalations and help prevent reoccurrence of incidents by honing processes and incident runbooks
- Assist in implementation and design of strategic programs to enhance the day to day operations and cross functional platforms
- BS Degree and 10+ years’ experience in a combination of Linux/UNIX System Administration and SRE functions
- Comfort and experience with operational environments growing at a rapid scale
- Strong Linux/UNIX skills, BSD specific experience is a plus
- Excellent scripting skills and experience (shell, bash, python, perl) (Python preferred)
- Experience maintaining and deploying systems and software in diverse environments
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot systems performance
- Solid Networking skills
- Some travel is required
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar discipline with MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering preferred
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
To learn more about ZPA please visit our web site at