For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: DAS Engineer
Location: Bangalore, India
The Level-2 Deployment Engineer will provide world-class post-sales deployment services to new and existing enterprise and service provider customers. The Deployment Engineer will design and configure network and systems configuration to enable customers to use the Zscaler cloud technologies. The Deployment Engineer will execute specific phases of Zscaler deployments, and interact directly with customers using a variety of channels (phone, email, online) in a professional and efficient manner. The Deployment Engineer will interact with customers, partners, support, engineering, and other internal teams.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Engage with customers on deployments, to provide detailed guidance regarding deployment steps, best practices, and expected product behavior
- Work with sales team to ensure hand-over of customer and design information
- Provide deployment advisory services and deployment design, recommendations, and configurations
- Assist deploying customers with testing or troubleshooting. Escalate to support as required
- Reproduce customer issues to verify problems and document steps to replicate for Support, Engineering and Operations teams
- Maintain deployment database, logging deployment status, and customer interactions
- Become a Zscaler cloud service expert through self-study, company training, and a desire to excel
- Limited travel – typically only for company training or meetings
- Hours – Regional business hours support, possible shift work, possible on-call work
- Other duties or projects, as assigned
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalently advanced industry certifications.
- Minimum 3-years experience working as deployment engineer, Technical account manager, Sr. Support Engineer supporting networking or web security products
- Knowledge of networking and security products and enterprise network infrastructure
- Experience with Zscaler products a plus
- Experience with operating systems such as Linux, Unix and Free BSD
- Networking Experience - VPN technologies such as IPSec and VPN clients
- Network troubleshooting experience - Familiarity with tools such as Ping, Traceroute, MTR, and Network Protocol Analyzers such as tcpdump, Wireshark
- Knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, FTP, DNS
- Working knowledge of Apache and IIS Web Server administration
- Network Security (SSL/TLS, VPNs, Firewall, IDS/IPS)
- Authentication systems such as LDAP, MS AD etc
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.