Revenue Controller - Public Sector
*****US Citizen ONLY*****
Position: Revenue Controller - Public Sector
Location: Raleigh, NC or Washington DC, or Virginia
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
The candidate will be responsible for managing the financial aspects of the Federal business segment of the company, and their involvement will commence with providing presales assistance to the team all the way to processing of the Purchase Orders, provisioning, management of accounts receivable and eventually revenue recognition and reporting i.e. Quoting to Cash process. This involves critical cross-functional coordination with various teams including deal desk, sales & sales ops, legal, tax, orders processing etc. to provide smooth management of Fed transactions in a timely and efficient manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to collaborate with various team members including sales, offering and solutions, product marketing, provisioning, legal, finance, and staffing team to strategize, plan, and execute best proposal responses and order closures.
- Manage federal complex deals, where complex is defined as anything outside of the guidelines provided to the sales organization for pricing and contract authority in partnership with Federal Deal Desk Manager.
- Assist sales team and Deal desk in building the proposals by quoting complex transactions, helping customers understand billing schedules.
- Assist Sales and Sales Operations Teams in complying with Company policies and procedures with respect to Quoting, Contracting and recording of transactions;
- Serve as the finance/revenue point of contact for contract negotiations and internal deal issue resolution on behalf of the sales organization.
- Assist in providing revenue recognition guidance and high-level training to cross-functional teams within the fed organization including sales, deal desk, legal, accounting and finance;
- Provide analytics to help with deal decisions, trend analysis, and deal integrity (compliance).
- Reduce cycle time of a deal from an opportunity to execution.
- Ensure timely provisioning of accounts in licensing systems.
- Quality check of purchase orders in line with the set parameters.
- Providing resolution to inter-departmental queries for processing the purchase orders.
- Ensuring proper documentation and information is available for booking the orders.
- Periodic reconciliations across billing, POS & licensing systems.
- Providing support to Customer Success Team on the customer contracts or as needed.
- Special assignments as and when required by HQ.
- Other such incidental and ancillary tasks.
Desired experience in orders management/Deal Desk/Sales Ops/Rev Rec with overall relevant experience of 3-5 years.
US Citizen mandatory.
- A medium to large SaaS company experience in Orders management/ Deal Desk or Sales Operations area is highly desired
- Experience with large customer base a plus;
- 3-5 years of managerial experience;
- At least 5 years experience in Revenue Accounting and/or Operations;
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of SaaS-related GAAP revenue forecasting, modeling, and analysis
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills, as well as the ability to interact professionally with a wide range of staff
- Hands-on Experience with ERP systems, such as SAP, NetSuite a plus
- Experience of working with Salesforce, Apttus or other similar quoting tools
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and flexible to change
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Customer service orientation and ability to successfully resolve issues;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet critical deadlines;
- Strong work ethic, ability to think outside the box and adapt to rapidly changing environments;
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or MBA;
- CPA certification is required.
- Decent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – primarily Excel and Word
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.