Security Researcher II
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative, and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Security Researcher II
Location: Bangalore, India
The Security Researcher II will report to the Manager, "Internal Security." The Security Researcher will be responsible for performing security assessments on Zscalers' products and infrastructure and work in consultation with engineering to provide security guidance and manage the identified vulnerabilities"
ThreatLabZ is the security research arm of Zscaler. This world-class team is responsible for hunting new threats and ensuring that the 15 million users on the global Zscaler platform are always protected. In addition to malware research and behavioral analysis, team members are involved in the research and development of new prototype modules for advanced threat protection on the Zscaler platform, and regularly conduct internal security audits to ensure that Zscaler products and infrastructure meet security compliance standards. ThreatLabZ regularly publishes in-depth analyses of new and emerging threats on its portal, research.zscaler.com.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- The researcher will work in consultation with the engineering team and perform comprehensive security assessments on new Zscaler products and features.
- Provide data and root cause analysis of security incidents with corrective actions for improvement.
- Continuously review security bulletins and related news; stay apprised of current threats and trends.
- Continuous vulnerability assessment and remediation
- Must have hands-on experience in the management of Qualys, Nessus, or other related tools, including asset management, scanning, reporting, and authentication functions.
- Proficiency in performing security assessments of web applications.
- Must be able to validate findings, perform root cause analysis, and deliver recommendations for fixes.
- Must have strong fundamentals in security concepts, cryptography, Unix architecture, and networking.
- Must have good scripting knowledge to automate repetitive tasks.
- Must have excellent reporting and analytical skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Operating Systems such as Windows, macOS, iOS or Android and the security protections that these platforms offer, would be an added advantage.
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.