Director of BD - ZPA ISV Alliances
Position: Director, ZPA ISV Alliances
Location: US East Coast (Primary)
US West Coast (Secondary)
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
As a Director, ZPA ISV Alliances, you will be primarily responsible for creating an ecosystem of ISV alliances to enable customers to continue using client server applications easily when transforming to Cloud and Work from Anywhere models. For this, you will be identifying and recruiting ISV partners in close collaboration with the product team to develop complementary strategic routes to market for Zscaler Private Access (ZPA) service and monetize via sell-with and sell-through models. Additionally, you will be nurturing an ecosystem of Identity Management partners within Zscaler’s technology partner program. The Director will drive success that will be measured on revenue, market share gains, and overall competitiveness.
The ideal candidate has a sales hunter mentality to prospect, map/understand an account and close business, coupled with strategic business acumen of an MBA graduate. The individual should be an execution-focused team player that displays maturity, commands trust and inspires confidence; with excellent people and technical skills and the ability to thrive in in a dynamic, competitive environment where multi-tasking is the norm.
Responsibilities/What You'll Do:
- Drive start to finish the development of meaningful partnerships that leads to new business for both companies. Includes identifying target landscape of partners based on an informed partnership strategy, recruiting highest potential partners by creatively developing custom value prop and business models to align with partner business, and driving the launch and maintenance of the partnerships with support of other functions.
- Understand the partners’ business objectives, key decision makers and influencers, areas for highest impact new business to both parties, go-to-market approach, and channel. Use this insight to build and execute a joint partnership strategy focused on new sales and customer engagements driving revenue growth.
- Influence key senior, mid-level and line-level relationships and gain preference for Zscaler.
- Translate activity into the accomplishment, and act as a good steward of Zscaler resources to ensure effective use.
- Bachelors Degree required in Computer Science or related discipline, and MBA highly desired. If undergrad degree is not technical, MBA required.
- Must have 6+ years demonstrated experience (can be 4+ years with a MBA) in strategic business development and/or OEM sales/alliances while leading cross-functional efforts.
- Must have 3+ years of direct experience developing strategic routes-to-market with an ecosystem of ISV alliances, with demonstrable go-to-market execution impact via innovative sell-with and sell-through models.
- Knowledge of the ISV vertical segments and prior experience developing partnerships with leading ISVs across vertical segments highly desirable. Experience in enabling usage of on-premises products to the cloud is a plus.
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities and demonstrate good judgment. Proactively seeks feedback and input.
- Smart, analytical (with attention to details), creative, driven and with get-it-done attitude
- Strong writing and presentation skills. Actively listens and communicates well with others
- Must be collaborative: easy to work with, an ability to influence and help internal constituents and external parties see and then realize the value of working with Zscaler and on specific BD/Alliance initiatives
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.