Sr. Technology Alliances Manager
At Zscaler we believe security should be delivered in the cloud. Zscaler's cloud-delivered services securely connect users to their applications and cloud services, regardless of device, location, or network, while providing comprehensive threat prevention and a fast user experience. All without the need for costly, complex gateway appliances.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network.
Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Come and join our team and be a part of this exciting transformation to cloud-based security!
The Senior Technology Alliances Manager will be responsible for Zscaler’s emerging partners in Zscaler’s technology partner program. You will be involved in identifying prospective technology partner opportunities in close collaboration with the product and executive team. You will collaborate with the product and marketing team to launch these partnerships, develop collateral and drive GTM initiatives. This includes educating and evangelizing the joint solution to the Zscaler and Technology Partner field organizations including sales and channels teams. The Manager will drive success that will be
This role will work to understand who the key decision makers and influencers are at the strategic partner, find the areas for highest impact new business to both parties, and drive the execution with the partner across functions - sales, marketing, and product. The ideal candidate has a sales mentality to map and understand an account and close business, coupled with the strategic business acumen of an MBA graduate. The individual should be an execution-focused team player that displays maturity, commands trust and inspires confidence; with excellent people and technical skills and the ability to thrive
Responsibilities/What You'll Do:
- Drive start to finish the completion of a meaningful partnership that leads to new business for both companies.
- Understand the partners’ business objectives, go-to-market approach, and channel and use this insight to build and execute a joint partnership strategy focused on new sales and customer engagements.
- Influence key senior, mid-level and line-level relationships and gain preference for Zscaler.
- Translate activity into
- Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission
- Act as a good steward of Zscaler resources to ensure effective use.
- Bachelors Degree
requredin Computer Science or related discipline, and MBA highly desired. If undergrad degree is not technical, MBA required.
- 7+ years experience in the IT Security arena highly desirable (Can be 3+ years with an MBA)
- Must have 7+ years demonstrated experience (can be 2+ years with
a MBA) in product management/marketing, business development and alliances, and/or technical/solution marketing while leading cross-functional efforts
- Experience with partner/alliance management as a technology leader managing the Solutions Partner relationships in a Manager level capacity.
- Work experience for an alliances ecosystem company and successfully monetizing relationships a plus
- Need to quickly assess the goals of a project, potential pitfalls
anddocument contingency plans
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities and demonstrate good judgment
- Smart, analytical, creative, driven and is able to deliver results quickly
- Proactively seeks feedback and input; actively listens and communicates well with others
- Ability to think and act strategically and proactive
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Must be collaborative: easy to work with, an ability to influence and help internal constituents and external parties see and then realize the value of working with Zscaler and on specific BD/Alliance initiatives
- Skilled collaborator and relationship-builder with an appreciation for sales and channel dynamics
Location: San Jose, California (must be based in Bay Area)
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.