Federal Emerging Technical Solutions Director ~ Americas
Position: Federal Director of Emerging Tech Solutions
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud first world. Its flagship services, Zscaler Internet Access and Zscaler Private Access, create fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances are unable to match. Used in more than 190 countries, Zscaler operates the world’s largest cloud security platform, protecting thousands of enterprises and government agencies from cyberattacks and data loss. The Zscaler platform operates at a carrier grade level– we process over 50 billion transactions a day in our cloud to protect our customers
We are looking for a dynamic leader to work with existing Zscaler Alliance partners in the Americas and develop new relationships with the telecommunications companies and systems integrators awarded the EIS contract under the government's $50 billion next-generation telecommunications contract. The key mission is to develop the Federal practice for Zscaler with the following providers: AT&T, BT Federal, Centurylink, Core Technologies, Granite Telecommunications, Harris Corp (Peraton), Manhattan Telecommunications (MetTel), MicroTech and Verizon - all the vendors for the 15-year Enterprise Infrastructure Services contract.
Plus, this role would also focus on building and enhancing strategic relationships with specific System Intergrators, such as GDIT, DXC, Raytheon, NG, BAH, and others to be determined.
You will have the opportunity to leverage leadership, motivational and strategic business skills to make an impact and help customers enable secure transformation to the cloud. The ideal candidate will have significant experience generating new enterprise business through alliances and developing new growth opportunities for Zscaler, and developing Federal programs and managed services. This is your opportunity to join a red hot, fast growing, market leading, cloud security company. If you want to experience explosive growth and be given the responsibility and challenge to impact a company’s success, this is the opportunity for you.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Establish professional working relationships with the Alliance Partner, Zscaler Sales Leadership and Account Managers, Marketing and Support teams
- Develop a core understanding of the unique Federal business needs of prospects and customers within the Partners’ respective fields of specialty and expertise
- Develop three (3) year global partner strategy plan that clearly demonstrates a plan to that delivers profitable growth to Zscaler that outpaces the market
- Develop and maintain detailed working knowledge of SI partner’s Federal service offering portfolio and leverage Zscaler’s strengths to fill partner portfolio gaps and improve partner’s ability to compete
- Build and develop durable executive relationships resulting in a delighted partner and delighted customers
- Own, influence, and orchestrate the Federal relationships within the partner offering teams that can help drive Zscaler offerings and strategic positioning in the Federal marketplace
- Facilitate engagement between Zscaler product management teams and SI partner to support joint solution development
- The role will be to insure all aspects of the Federal Relationships with the SP & SI’s are are covered to include:
- Submission of Zscaler services to EIS Contracts with the SP’s
- Positioning of services within Fed Sales channels
- Help develop Federal managed security services
- Develop TIP/ MTIPS go to market
- Help with Field marketing for Federal SP’s
- Identify and drive joint offering opportunities and placement of Zscaler technologies as partner acknowledged standards
- Understand Systems Integrator's service offerings and service delivery financial models and constraints, and lead effort to develop custom financial models for Zscaler products when needed
- Responsible for overall pricing strategy with GSI partner and decision support analysis for pricing and discounting decisions
- Support large joint deals when necessary
- Enable and train extended Alliance teams on key sales plays and provide global deal coordination
- Facilitate legal requests and manage contract negotiations ie. Fed Contracts Addendums
- Win spots on additional Federeal procurement Vehicles ( WTIS, EAGLE, ALLIANCE)
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience, ideally in the following disciplines: Federal business development/alliances; partner sales at a leading high-tech company; enterprise sales
- Federal Systems Integrator experience required; preferably within EIS contract winner
- Technical skills including the ability to understand (1) product roadmaps; (2) market conditions and factors; and (3) complex partner requirements (4) Federal marketplace
- Track record of exceptional performance at past roles
- Ability to think strategically and translate strategy into execution plans
- Ability to influence and build consensus with people across all levels and functions with a sense of urgency
- Experience negotiating complex agreements in a timely manner
- Crisp and effective communication skills, including significant experience presenting to senior executives
- Ability to convey a shared vision to build buy-in for an idea or concept
- Strong knowledge of the Networking, Security and Cloud industries
- Strong knowledge of Zscaler products and processes preferred
- Must be willing to travel including attendance at all business reviews and ad hoc meetings.
- Demonstrate leadership that promotes and exemplifies the highest levels of teamwork, personal accountability, and mutual support to the SI.
- Success selling complex solutions (preferably in SaaS environments) both to & through Service Providers.
- Organized & Disciplined, and a 'do what it takes' attitude.
- Prior experience with network transformation technologies and any past history working in early stage technology start-ups.
- Superb organizational skills and demonstrated history outlining and establishing sales strategies.
- Security Clearances
BS or BA degree required
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.