Director of BD - Strategic Alliances
Position: Director, Technology Alliances
Location: US West Coast (Primary)
US East Coast (Secondary)
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
As a Director, Technology Alliances you will be primarily responsible for incubating some of Zscaler’s Strategic Technology Alliances, and additionally nurturing SD-WAN ecosystem in Zscaler’s technology partner program. You will be identifying opportunities to strengthen these technology partnerships and collaborate with the product, marketing and GTM teams to enhance solutions, develop collateral and enable GTM teaming on demand gen and sales. The Director will drive success that will be measured in go-to-market activities with a focus on revenue, market share gains, and overall competitiveness.
The ideal candidate has a sales farmer mentality to map and understand an account and close business, coupled with the strategic business acumen of an MBA graduate. The individual should be an execution-focused team player that displays maturity, commands trust and inspires confidence; with excellent people and technical skills and the ability to thrive in in a dynamic, competitive environment where multi-tasking is the norm.
Responsibilities/What You'll Do:
- Incubate or scale strategic technology alliances with effective go-to-market teaming to source or influence new customer engagements
- Understand the partners’ business objectives, go-to-market approach, and channel and use this insight to build and execute a joint partnership strategy focused on new sales and customer engagements.
- Understand who the key decision makers and influencers are at the strategic partner, find areas for highest impact new business to both parties, and drive execution with the partner across functions - sales, marketing, and product.
- Influence key senior, mid-level and line-level relationships and gain preference for Zscaler.
- Translate activity into the accomplishment, and act as a good steward of Zscaler resources to ensure effective use.
- Bachelors Degree required in Computer Science or related discipline, and MBA highly desired. If undergrad degree is not technical, MBA required.
- Must have 8+ years demonstrated experience (can be 6+ years with a MBA) in strategic business development, technology alliances, product management/marketing, and/or technical/solution marketing while leading cross-functional efforts.
- Must have 4+ years of direct experience heading strategic alliances with one or more global technology provider, with demonstrable joint go-to-market execution impact at scale via sell-with and sell-through models.
- 3+ years of experience in the IT Security and/or IT Networking arena desirable
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities and demonstrate good judgment. Proactively seeks feedback and input.
- Smart, analytical (with attention to details), creative, driven and with get-it-done attitude
- Strong writing and presentation skills. Actively listens and communicates well with others
- Must be collaborative: easy to work with, an ability to influence and help internal constituents and external parties see and then realize the value of working with Zscaler and on specific BD/Alliance initiatives
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.