Treasury, Stock Accounting and M&A Reporting Manager
*** Local Bay Area candidates only. Relocation is not included. Thanks! ***
Position: Treasury, Stock Accounting and M&A Reporting Manager
Location: San Jose, CA, USA
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud—securely.
Come and join our team and be a part of this exciting transformation to cloud-based security!
This opportunity reports to the Director, Technical Accounting and Reporting.
Primary contributions will include the management of treasury, accounting and reporting of stock-based compensation and M&A transactions, ensuring integrity and completeness of external financial reporting. The ideal candidate shall have a strong foundation in technical financial accounting, financial audit, review and/or preparation of footnotes, and testing of internal control regarding financial reporting.
This person will have strong technical accounting and research skills, strong communication skills, be detailed oriented and hands-on, enjoy working in a team/collaborative environment, strong time management skills to manage deadlines timely, and the ability to work under pressure and have some flexibility during peak days of the financial reporting cycle.
- Lead bank account opening/closing and due diligence processes, maintain bank account documentation and signatory updates, and administration of the global banking and credit card programs, among other
- Serve as a key contact with cash investment managers, review compliance with investment policy and track excess cash for investment and move to higher yielding investments, among other
- Manage quarterly and annual accounting close process for stock-based compensation awards (i.e., stock options, RSUs, ESPP, performance awards), including preparation of journal entries, period-end reconciliations and equity rollforward
- Preparation of earning per share calculation
- Lead preparation of forecast of stock-based compensation expense and share count, and as a liaison between various groups involved (i.e., FP&A, HR, Tax)
- Support to the Director of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting on the application and interpretation of ASC 805, Business Combinations, technical accounting research, preparation of technical accounting memos, and journal entries associated with M&A transactions
- Support the financial due diligence process, coordination of preparation of information requests from external valuation firms and act as a liaison between valuation experts and external auditors
- Support the SEC financial reporting process with the preparation of financial statements (i.e., equity rollforward) and related footnotes (i.e., investments, stock-based compensation, business combinations, earnings per share), completing related sections of the quarterly/annual disclosure checklists and tie-out to the 10K/10Q filed with the SEC.
- Prepare related information requests from external auditors (quarterly review, annual audit, SOX)
- Ensure compliance with related SOX controls and review/update SOX narratives and controls
- Assist in the drafting/updating of related company policies
- Support on ad-hoc projects
- 4 - 6 years of combined public accounting experience (ideally with a Big Four accounting firm) and industry (ideally in the technology space)
- Certified Public Accountant
- High interest and passionate for developing an expertise in the accounting and financial reporting aspects of treasury management, stock-based compensation and M&A transactions
- Strong ability to follow through the quarterly calendar deliverables, provide ongoing status updates and work on a collaborative/team environment
- High attention to the detail with a “detail-do-matter” approach in the preparation of financial statements
- Advocate for continuous process improvement, maximizing leverage from technology tools
- Strong “I-can-do-it” attitude is essential to take on new and challenging assignments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Strong team-player with the ability to work effectively as part of a team, yet function well with independent responsibilities
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.