Position: Consulting Network Engineer - Deployment Services
Location: San Jose, CA
Please Note: U.S. Citizenship is required for this position due to the nature of customers assigned to this role.
At Zscaler we are on a mission to redefine network security for the Cloud and Mobile-First World.
The cloud and mobility are creating a mega-shift that’s disrupting 30 years of networking and security infrastructure. Traditional network security architecture is no longer suitable for the cloud and mobile-first world.
Zscaler is a pioneer and leader in cloud security and we are enabling the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for the cloud and mobile-first world.
With a solution born and built 100% in the cloud, Zscaler employees have built and operate a massive, global cloud security architecture, delivering the entire gateway security stack as a service. By providing fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network.
We process over 60 billion transactions a day in our cloud and protect our customers from over 125 million security threats daily. We became a publicly traded company with our IPO in March 2018 and are experiencing tremendous growth in all areas of the business.
Come and join our team and be part of this exciting transformation to cloud based security.
We are currently seeking a Consulting Network Engineer for our Deployment Advisory Services (DAS) team.
This is a roll-up the sleeves and be the driving force behind Zscaler’s World-Class, First-90-day customer experience, including customer on boarding, best practice service configuration, and overall service deployment.
As a DAS Engineer you will provide world-class post-sales deployment services to new and existing enterprise and service provider customers. You will design and configure network and systems configuration to enable customers to use the Zscaler cloud security technologies. In addition you will execute specific phases of Zscaler deployments, and interact directly with customers using a variety of channels (phone, email, online) in a professional and efficient manner. The DAS Engineer will also interact with partners and other internal Zscaler teams including support and engineering.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Engage with customers on deployments, to provide detailed guidance regarding deployment steps, best practices, and expected product behavior
- Work with sales team to ensure hand-over of customer and design information
- Provide deployment advisory services and deployment design, recommendations, and configurations
- Assist deploying customers with testing or troubleshooting. Escalate to support as required
- Reproduce customer issues to verify problems and document steps to replicate for Support, Engineering and Operations teams
- Maintain deployment database, logging deployment status, and customer interactions
- Become a Zscaler cloud service expert through self-study, company training, and a desire to excel
- Limited travel – typically only for company training or meetings
- 7+ years of technical experience required in the networking, IT, or security space
- Expert knowledge of IPsec, VPN, Secure Tunnels, ISP Peering, Authentication, DMS, TCPIP and Firewalls
- Experience with Zscaler products a plus
- Experience with operating systems such as Linux, Unix and Free BSD
- Networking Experience - VPN technologies such as IPSec and VPN clients
- Network troubleshooting experience - Familiarity with tools such as Ping, Traceroute, MTR, and Network Protocol Analyzers such as tcpdump, Wireshark
- Knowledge of protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, FTP, DNS
- Working knowledge of Apache and IIS Web Server administration
- Network Security (SSL/TLS, VPNs, Firewall, IDS/IPS)
- Authentication systems such as LDAP, MS AD etc
- Superior and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinker, who can also roll-up their sleeves and be hands-on within technical setting
- Up to 20% travel required for training and customer visits
- Experience with cloud service providers, telecom, or ISP companies a big plus
- Technical certifications a plus – CCIE, CCSP, etc
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent advanced industry certifications
What You Can Expect From Us:
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values.
Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry?
Do you want to work on disruptive technology?
Do you thrive in a fluid work environment?
Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Follow Us on LinkedIn