Position: Technical Writer
Location: Bangalore, India
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyber attacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud—securely.
The Technical Writer will report to the Technical Publications Manager. As a Technical Writer, you will work with development and test engineers, product managers, technical trainers, and other technical writers to craft and refine technical documentation such as engaging and effective articles, succinct online help, concise tooltips & UI text, on-point videos, and helpful release notes. To do this you will build strong working relationships with the cross-functional product development areas of the company. You must have a hands-on approach to technology and to the products being documented. You will help enhance and expand the current documentation to provide a variety of learning tools for our customers and field.
The Zscaler architecture was built from the ground up as a platform on which new capabilities and services could be developed. And our product management teams have seized the opportunity to extend the platform, delivering a range of powerful services that offer our customers capabilities in threat prevention, visibility, and scalability they have never before had. Zscaler is growing and we’re looking for people who are passionate about innovation and who share our vision of the limitless possibilities of cloud security. As part of the Zscaler PM team, you will be at the forefront of the company’s planning and product roadmap. Join us!
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- Translate technical information into clear, concise, and effective documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Craft & maintain online documentation, video tutorials, and all on-screen text
- Own both the process and creation of release notes
- Integrate graphics and illustrations to improve the quality and usability of the documentation
- Work cross-functionally with SMEs in the Engineering, Field Support, Sales, Training, and Marketing groups
- Assist in defining standards, style, and terminology
- Mentor junior writers
- 5+ years of experience in technical writing
- Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, journalism, communications, or a related field
- Excellent oral, written, analytical, and organizational skills
- Detail oriented, and able to think and write in context with the target reader or operator
- Self-motivated and effective in a fluid environment
- Must possess creativity and a sense of humor
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in writing online help and knowledge base articles
- Experience with web-based and mobile products
- Experience developing video tutorials
What You Can Expect From Us
- An environment where you will be working on cutting-edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Organisation
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.