Field Marketing Manager - West
Position: Field Marketing Manager - West
Location: Southern California or Bay Area or Denver, CO
At Zscaler we are on a mission to redefine network security for the Cloud and Mobile-First World.
The cloud and mobility are creating a mega-shift that’s disrupting 30 years of networking and security infrastructure. Traditional network security architecture is no longer suitable for the cloud and mobile-first world.
Zscaler is a pioneer and leader in cloud security and we are enabling the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for the cloud and mobile-first world.
With a solution born and built 100% in the cloud, Zscaler employees have built and operate a massive, global cloud security architecture, delivering the entire gateway security stack as a service. By providing fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network.
We process over 25 billion transactions a day in our cloud and protect our customers from over 125 million security threats daily. We became a publicly traded company with our IPO in March 2018 and are experiencing tremendous growth in all areas of the business.
Come and join our team and be part of this exciting transformation to cloud based security.
The Zscaler Field Marketing Manager is responsible for developing strategically focused marketing activities and programs designed to support the sales process from prospecting to close and up-sell. These activities are customized to specific regions, reps, accounts, contacts, and opportunities. The Field Marketing Managers are tightly aligned to the sales team and continually evaluate against quarterly goals to ensure positive contributions are being made to develop new business pipeline.
Open to applicants who reside in Southern California or San Jose, CA area.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Work hand-in-hand with Sales, the channel account teams, and demand generation to gather territory requirements and build marketing campaign plans to support pipeline targets
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and act as primary marketing contact with local sales team and leaders, including regular participation in sales team calls, in-person meetings and planning sessions.
- Work with the Partner business development and channel marketing teams to understand best partner sales opportunities, develop marketing programs to drive business and increase partner engagement
- Execute on event strategy, tactical plans and project manage from beginning to end including all logistics, onsite execution and post event analysis for our participation in industry trade shows, internal sales meetings, customer and partner events
- Manage budgets, forecast and compile reporting metrics for each specific program
- Track projects and manage lead follow-up
- Research, select, negotiate and manage vendors and services
- Measure each project against goals and follow-through to completion both on time and within budget
- Guide and ensure consistency of corporate message throughout each specific project
- Lead, manage, supervise and provide direction to contractors and vendors for the duration of each specific project
- Bachelor degree with MBA preferred
- Minimum of 4-5 years of field marketing and corporate events experience
- Proven experience in driving regional marketing and a history of achieving pipeline goals
- Travel approximately 25% including events, meetings with partners, internal meetings like QBRs and planning sessions.
- A team player with a “can do” positive approach who can think outside the box and
- problem solve often in difficult situations
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and willing to travel within territory
- Experience in working with channel partners and developing partner relationships
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with quick deadlines
- Must have strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to effectively communicate with customers and all levels of management
- Ability to plan all event related details but able to adapt and execute when unexpected change occurs
- Main areas where travel will be needed are:
- NorCal (Bay Area)
- SoCal (LA, Orange County, and San Diego)
- Seattle, WA
- Portland, OR
- Denver, CO
- Phoenix, AZ
- Las Vegas, NV
What You Can Expect From Us:
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.