Principal Consultant Professional Services - United Kingdom
Position: Professional Services Principal Consultant
Location: United Kingdom with EMEA travel
At Zscaler, we are on a mission to redefine network security for the Cloud and Mobile-First World.
The cloud and mobility are creating a mega-shift that’s disrupting 30 years of networking and security infrastructure. Traditional network security architecture is no longer suitable for the cloud and mobile-first world.
Zscaler is a pioneer and leader in cloud security and we are enabling the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for the cloud and mobile-first world.
With a solution born and built 100% in the cloud, Zscaler employees have built and operate a massive, global cloud security architecture, delivering the entire gateway security stack as a service. By providing fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network.
We process over 60 billion transactions a day in our cloud and protect our customers from over 125 million security threats daily. We became a publicly traded company with our IPO in March 2018 and are experiencing tremendous growth in all areas of the business.
Come and join our team and be part of this exciting transformation to cloud-based security.
The Deployment team at Zscaler helps customers properly deploy their Zscaler solution. A Professional Services Principal Consultant at Zscaler is a senior technical individual contributor, travelling to customer sites to assist in proper design and deployment.
In this role, you will be a key field resource, working hand-in-hand with the deployment team, partners and customers, to provide deployment advisory services to ensure proper design, configuration, resiliency, and overall best practices are followed.
- Provide deployment advisory services including best practice design, recommendations, and configurations
- Travel to customer locations to assist customers in short-term professional service engagements
- Assist deployment customers with testing or troubleshooting. Escalate to support as required
- Reproduce customer issues to verify problems and document steps to replicate for Support, Engineering and Operations teams
- Become a Zscaler cloud services expert through self study, company training, and a desire to excel
- ~ 50-75% travel per month
- Other duties or projects, as assigned
- Solid work experience in similar positions (e.g. Solutions Architect, Systems Engineer, Technical Marketing Engineer, or a Support Engineer).
- Minimum Education: Technical bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Deep understanding of networking or security in Enterprise environments.
- Able to learn and support cutting-edge technologies while context-switching.
- Strong understanding of how to navigate technical and architectural discussions.
- Comfortable talking about technical topics/issues with business people and business topics/issues with technical people; Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills across internal and external organisations.
- Ability to travel to partner sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
- Professional experience architecting and operating solutions built on (in order of preference): Azure, AWS, and GCP.
- Experience with Hypervisors (in order of preference): VMware, Hyper-V, and KVM.
- Industry certifications such as CCIE, JNCIE, CISSP or CCSP preferred.
- Working knowledge of authentication systems such as LDAP and MS Active Directory
- Familiarity with IPSEC, GRE, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS protocols
- Familiarity with IIS Web Server administration
- Versatile with using various operating systems including Windows, Mac, and GNU/Linux
- Hands-on knowledge with network troubleshooting using tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, Traceroute, and MTR
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you will be selling cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.