Senior Software Engineer - Linux
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Senior Software Engineer - Linux
Location: Chandigarh, India
The Senior Software Engineer - Linux Engineer will report to the Director of Engineering, Mobile who will be helping our Mobile Engineering team to build quality in products that secure mobile devices, applications, and data.
We develop innovative solutions that are transforming the internet security business, and millions of users rely on our service for data protection and comprehensive security. We also provide real-time analytics to our customers for unmatched visibility and maintain a state-of-the-art NOC. The development team works on web filtering, policy enforcement, next-gen firewall, sandboxing, DLP, and mobile user solutions. Being responsive to our customers and delivering industry-leading mission-critical solutions require precise engineering and a philosophy of continuous improvement, both areas in which Zscaler engineers excel.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Team is responsible for design and development of smart and breakthrough solutions for secure internet/enterprise connectivity and endpoint security client on variety of desktop and mobile platforms: Windows, MAC, iOS, Android and Linux.
- Design and Development of multi-platform software using latest software development techniques.
- Work with Product Management to understand requirements
- Write and execute dev test routines for your modules
- Work with QA to create better test routines, reproduce customer issues and deliver better quality product releases.
- 5+ years software engineering experience, with emphasis in Linux networking application development
- 5+ years of experience with C or C++
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Network programming and troubleshooting experience
- Understanding of Layer 3 and higher networking technologies - IP/TCP/HTTP/SSL protocols.
- Experience with Linux UI development, Chrome OS development
- Experience with Windows UI development using C++/C#/.NET technologies is a plus
- Network stack development experience in Linux, specifically for VPN client type applications
- Linux driver development experience
- Dealing with interoperability issues is a big plus
- Good understanding of one or more operating systems: Mac, Android, Chrome or iOS is desired.
- Good understanding of security concepts such as PKI and firewall
- Strong understanding of network security technologies.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field is required
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.