Senior Software Engineer
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Chandigarh, India
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Its flagship services, Zscaler Internet Access, and Zscaler Private Access create fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, Zscaler operates the world’s largest cloud security platform, protecting thousands of enterprises and government agencies from cyber attacks and data loss. The Zscaler platform operates at a carrier-grade level– we process over 25 billion transactions a day in our cloud to protect our customers.
The Senior Software Engineer will report to the Director of Engineering, Mobile who will be helping in designing, building, testing along with deploying and maintaining modular web applications. The Mobile team at Zscaler is responsible for developing a cross-platform client application for Windows, MacOS, Android, and IOS, to securely steer endpoint traffic to Zscaler cloud.
We develop innovative solutions that are transforming the internet security business, and millions of users rely on our service for data protection and comprehensive security. We also provide real-time analytics to our customers for unmatched visibility and maintain a state-of-the-art NOC. The development team works on web filtering, policy enforcement, next-gen firewall, sandboxing, DLP, and mobile user solutions. Being responsive to our customers and delivering industry-leading mission-critical solutions require precise engineering and a philosophy of continuous improvement, both areas in which Zscaler engineers excel.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- Design, build, test, document, deploy and maintain scalable, highly available, modular web applications
- Drive continuous improvement to system architecture
- Work with Product Management to understand requirements
- Produce high-quality code in an agile environment
- Advocate programming best practices and standards
- Work with QA and other engineering teams to investigate and resolve production issues
- Collaborate with DevOps and System teams for cloud rollouts, upgrades, and maintenance
- 8+ years of software development experience with expertise in Java
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and software engineering best practices
- Extensive Experience with traditional SQL databases and APIs
- Experience with Web Services (REST)
- Must have developed middle-tier or backend java apps for web applications
- Some working experience with shell/Perl/script programming
- Some experience with Hibernate or Object Relation mapping frameworks
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Familiarity with the JSON, XML
- Experience with browser debugging and profiling tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- TCP/IP and Networking experience
- Experience with endpoint development
- Experience in the security industry
- SAML SSO authentication experience
What You Can Expect From Us
- An environment where you will be working on cutting-edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.