Human Resources Business Partner – HRBP Engineering for Americas
*** Bay Area local candidates only. Relocation is not included. Thanks! ***
Position: People and Culture Business Partner – Americas Engineering plus OD / OE
Location: San Jose, CA, USA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
This position reports to the Sr. Director of Global Business Partners
You will collaborate with Zscaler’s US based Leaders to develop and implement strategic People and Culture best practices aligned to business growth.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing, successful business with a highly respected People and Culture team. As with all functions at Zscaler, this is a hands-on role and requires someone who can provide strategic thought leadership as well as handle the day to day details, transactions and KPI reporting/analysis.
Our role is based in the Santa Clara office with frequent visits to our San Jose HQ. Global travel approximately once every quarter.
Key Focus Areas
- Operate as a trusted adviser to Leadership on all people related issues
- Work with Leaders to conduct new hire assessments, talent review and succession planning initiatives
- Drive the annual Merit and Stock refresh programs
- Consult with business leaders to proactively drive people related initiatives to support business objectives
- Create and deliver initiatives designed to improve Leadership and Employee performance, productivity and satisfaction
- Customize and deliver Learning and Development programs to suit the specific needs of each organization
- Work directly with employees and managers to achieve timely resolution of HR related questions and concerns
- Proactively advise leaders in employee life-cycle areas such as hiring, promotions, performance management and terminations
- Ensure efficiency and scalability of P&C practices to enable business activities without undue bureaucracy
Personal and Professional Attributes
Respect for all people and their diverse backgrounds; able to disagree and remain respectful
Open minded and works toward the best solution; not focused on personal gain
Transparent and approachable with high integrity
Confronts and resolves issues; has the courage to have difficult conversations
Passion & Attitude
Ambitious and driven to be the best while staying humble and grounded
Desires to make others better
Creative mindset; solves complicated problems and figures things out
Thinks beyond the conventional and predictable; takes risks and not afraid to fail
Goes above and beyond what is expected to delight their customers/client groups
Thinks about the business from the customer’s point of view
Significant and relevant HR experience supporting an organization, including a track record of providing HR consultation to Senior Leadership on strategic initiatives. Knowledge and experience with global businesses and able to integrate US practices into a global, scalable framework. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related area with the ability to travel periodically.
*** Approximately 5 to 7+ years experience as a hands-on, HR Business Partner in a complex, high growth environment. Prior experience supporting Engineering teams. Demonstrated understanding of metrics, drivers and compensation plans and scorecards. ***
Demonstrated track record of driving improvements in organization effectiveness. Ability to apply and adapt practices to business needs. Establish and maintain effective relationships with senior management and employees. Present facts and recommendations in a clear and concise manner with strong written, verbal and presentation skills. Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities with proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word programs.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Job Segments: HRBP, HR Business Partner, Business Partner