Human Resources Business Partner – HRBP for Americas
*** Bay Area local candidates only. Relocation is not included. Thanks! ***
Position: People and Culture Business Partner – Americas Engineering plus OD / OE
Location: San Jose, CA, USA
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud—securely.
Come and join our team and be a part of this exciting transformation to cloud-based security!
This position reports to the Sr. Director of Global Business Partners
You will collaborate with Zscaler’s US based Leaders to develop and implement strategic People and Culture best practices aligned to business growth.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing, successful business with a highly respected People and Culture team. As with all functions at Zscaler, this is a hands-on role and requires someone who can provide strategic thought leadership as well as handle the day to day details, transactions and KPI reporting/analysis.
Our role is based in the Santa Clara office with frequent visits to our San Jose HQ. Global travel approximately once every quarter.
Key Focus Areas
- Operate as a trusted adviser to Leadership on all people related issues
- Work with Leaders to conduct new hire assessments, talent review and succession planning initiatives
- Drive the annual Merit and Stock refresh programs
- Consult with business leaders to proactively drive people related initiatives to support business objectives
- Create and deliver initiatives designed to improve Leadership and Employee performance, productivity and satisfaction
- Customize and deliver Learning and Development programs to suit the specific needs of each organization
- Work directly with employees and managers to achieve timely resolution of HR related questions and concerns
- Proactively advise leaders in employee life-cycle areas such as hiring, promotions, performance management and terminations
- Ensure efficiency and scalability of P&C practices to enable business activities without undue bureaucracy
Personal and Professional Attributes
Respect for all people and their diverse backgrounds; able to disagree and remain respectful
Open minded and works toward the best solution; not focused on personal gain
Transparent and approachable with high integrity
Confronts and resolves issues; has the courage to have difficult conversations
Passion & Attitude
Ambitious and driven to be the best while staying humble and grounded
Desires to make others better
Creative mindset; solves complicated problems and figures things out
Thinks beyond the conventional and predictable; takes risks and not afraid to fail
Goes above and beyond what is expected to delight their customers/client groups
Thinks about the business from the customer’s point of view
Significant and relevant HR experience supporting an organization, including a track record of providing HR consultation to Senior Leadership on strategic initiatives. Knowledge and experience with global businesses and able to integrate US practices into a global, scalable framework. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related area with the ability to travel periodically.
Five to seven years’ experience as a hands-on, HR Business Partner in a complex, high volume, high growth environment; prior experience supporting teams. Demonstrated understanding of metrics, drivers and compensation plans and scorecards.
Demonstrated track record of driving improvements in organization effectiveness. Ability to apply and adapt practices to business needs. Establish and maintain effective relationships with senior management and employees. Present facts and recommendations in a clear and concise manner with strong written, verbal and presentation skills. Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities with proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word programs.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Job Segments: HRBP, HR Business Partner, Business Partner