*** Raleigh, NC local candidates only. Relocation is not included. Thanks! ***
Position: Director, Facilities
Location: Raleigh, NC
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Zscaler is searching for an experienced corporate real estate and facilities leader who will be responsible for designing and delivering global facilities and services. This individual has experience with project management, contract management, procurement, and the employee experience. Our hire will focus on all elements of facilities – including establishing office space standards, planning office space expansions (site searches, negotiations), property and facility management, physical security, health and safety.
Lead a team directly responsible for managing the corporate headquarters facility in San Jose, CA, and partner with a team in India responsible for managing the two largest non-HQ sites, Bangalore and Chandigarh.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic and long-range planning, including managing portfolio to most efficient and best use, engaging and leading both internal and external partners to execute and deliver real estate solutions that support the business’ current and future stages
- Create consistent corporate-wide facility planning and occupancy standards in support of company growth
- Responsible for the facilities operating budget from development of the annual plan, to forecast and tracking of monthly/quarterly finances
- Plan, budget, and schedule facilities modifications. This includes cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction
- Leadership of a direct team, plus partnership with security, IT, legal, people & culture, accounting and finance to provide essential services needed
- Negotiate and manage outsourced vendor agreements and services, asset and property management, operational design, and project management
- Strong project management skills to guide internal and external teams through design and permitting to construction, furnishing and ongoing maintenance
- Explore, implement and maintain programs that enhance the workplace experience of our workforce
- Establish consistent global security protocols across all facilities
- Oversee management of day-to-day facilities operations, facilities maintenance and general office management across the business enterprise
- Coordinate with property management on repair/routine maintenance on facilities and equipment, and establish a preventative maintenance policy
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields required
- 10+ years of corporate real estate experience
- Previous experience successfully leading facilities and/or workplace function including international locations with leadership and development of direct reports
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience with real estate portfolio strategy, project execution, and vendor management
- Excellent negotiation skills, including the ability to influence and partner with key stakeholders across the organization
- Experience with fast growing companies with a global workforce
- At least 10-20% travel within a calendar year and travel on a short notice, as required
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.