Software Engineer - Security Research
Position: Software Engineer - Security Researcher
Location: Chandigarh, India
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Its flagship services, Zscaler Internet Access, and Zscaler Private Access create fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, Zscaler operates the world’s largest cloud security platform, protecting thousands of enterprises and government agencies from cyber attacks and data loss. The Zscaler platform operates at a carrier-grade level– we process over 25 billion transactions a day in our cloud to protect our customers.
The Software Engineer will report to the Sr. Manager, Security Research. The Security Researcher will be primarily responsible for doing malware analysis, exploit analysis, developing signatures and automating various processes. This requires an understanding of web/email protocols and security, online threats (botnets, exploit kits, client-side exploits, cybercrime), an analytic mindset and strong scripting/automation skills.
ThreatLabZ is the security research arm of Zscaler. This world-class team is responsible for hunting new threats and ensuring that the 15 million users on the global Zscaler platform are always protected. In addition to malware research and behavioral analysis, team members are involved in the research and development of new prototype modules for advanced threat protection on the Zscaler platform, and regularly conduct internal security audits to ensure that Zscaler products and infrastructure meet security compliance standards. ThreatLabZ regularly publishes in-depth analyses of new and emerging threats on its portal, research.zscaler.com.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for building security integration tools with product engineers
- Responsible for writing custom tools that can help product teams in doing efficient security testing
- Responsible for automating the system for security testing.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in PHP and Python.
- Good knowledge on TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus.
- Good understanding of networking/security concepts.
- BE/BTech/MCA degree or higher.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
What You Can Expect From Us
- An environment where you will be working on cutting-edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.