Inside Sales Engineer - Japan
Position: Inside Sales Engineer
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer simplicity, enhanced security, and improved the user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyber attacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud—securely.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- Help support our Inside Sales Team with Technical queries from prospective customers
- Deliver remote technical presentations/demonstrations to prospective customers, primarily via Webex but possibly using other online tools
- Act as a technical consultant and trusted advisor to our Channel Partner network
- Provide, or source answers for Request for Information/Proposal (RFI/RFP) responses
- Deliver transfer of information (TOI) and product education to Channel Partners and prospective customers with up to 3000 users
- We are looking for a confident and articulate presenter, who is comfortable at explaining technical concepts in simple terms. Ideally, you will have experience of presenting to a small audience – maybe you’ve delivered a final year project presentation at University
- Must be a strong team player, who enjoys collaborating with others and sharing knowledge to create best practices
- You’ll be disciplined and organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize based on support from your line-management.
- A high degree of verbal and written communication
- Demonstrates a good proficiency of general IT skills (e.g. comfortable working with multiple operating systems, browser configuration, troubleshooting methodology, client/server models etc).
- Understands core TCP/IP concepts (IP Networking, Subnets) and would be comfortable explaining the OSI model (L1 through L7) with practical examples (e.g. how packets get from A to B).
- Basic Windows 10 administration and troubleshooting
- Basic knowledge of web protocols (e.g. HTTP, TLS/SSL)
- For bonus points you might currently be working within the Security Threat Landscape and have a good grasp of network security technologies (e.g. Proxies/Firewalls)
Shadow an experienced Sales Engineer and work with Inside Sales Representatives on customer calls
Complete initial basic orientation/technical training and role-play customer interaction with the manager
Provide technology demonstrations to prospects in collaboration with Inside Sales Representatives
Shadow experienced Sales Engineer to deliver Transfer of Information/enablement to channel partners.
Meet with Channel Partners and educate them on the Zscaler Platform
We are growing, our technology is superb and we are a supportive organization – Zscaler represents an excellent opportunity to take your career to the next level.
What You Can Expect From Us
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Organisation
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.