Principal DevOps Cloud Engineer
Position: Principal DevOps Cloud Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA/Seattle, WA (Remote okay)
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 4,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
As a Principal DevOps Cloud Engineer, you are a critical part of our cloud platform engineering organization. You act as their day-to-day contact, establishing relationships with them, you will lead teams to plan, analyze, design, build, test, and deploy ZCSPM platform infrastructures.
You will apply functional knowledge and technical expertise in the designing of systems to support customer needs and you will contribute to our vast repository of intellectual property. Additionally, you will coach, train, and mentor team members and customers.
- Make clear, simple, and technically sound design decisions in collaboration with other members, including evaluating and articulating the advantages of various technology alternatives.
- Be the go-to technical resource for technical evaluations and be the first-line representation for our technical capabilities in key presentations and meetings.
- Provide design consulting, capacity planning, and implementation plan reviews before cloud workloads are deployed.
- Provide architectural direction and input for platform design to improve scalability, reliability, and availability of applications.
- Ensure that the platform is architected to scale reliably to meet peak demand spikes.
- Establish and maintain architectural standards that enable DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code and automated continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD).
- Participate and provide feedback for performance and load testing.
- Define and implement monitoring and alerting for the critical metrics within an implemented workload.
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: IaaS, PaaS, services, applications, network, and security.
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery roadblocks, risks, issues, and challenges.
- Create and maintain best practices for high-quality product engineering, development of best practices, and conduct architectural reviews.
- Assist application solution architectures design scalable, highly available secure application solutions that leverage cloud services.
- Stay abreast of upcoming technical trends and internal roadmaps.
- Proven competency in strategic leadership, organizational agility, cross-team collaboration, drive for results, and written and verbal communication.
- Minimum of 12 years overall experience
- Minimum of 8 years of architecture experience
- Minimum of 8 years of experience supporting multi-tier web applications.
- Must have 5 years of experience in architecting, building, and managing cloud-native multi-tenant SaaS products on public cloud providers.
- Must have 5 years of experience in design and implementation of AWS and Azure Cloud systems
- Must have 5 years of experience designing enterprise-grade applications.Minimum of 5 years of experience handling workloads in large-scale environments.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working exclusively designing and implementing cloud-native workloads.
- Must have extensive experience designing cloud-first multi tenant SaaS solutions.
- Have experience in building and shipping cloud applications/services on at least two cloud public cloud providers.
- Good to have experience designing large scale event-driven systems using at least one of serverless platforms Azure Functions/ AWS Lambda/ Google Cloud Functions
- Hands-on experience in IaaS and PaaS cloud services in at least two or more cloud providers from AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Strong fundamentals of Cloud Ops for multi tenant solutions, addressing scalability and capacity needs of the infrastructure during peak load.
- A strong foundation on DevSecOps principles
- Good to have experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Prior experience with building and managing large-scale datastores using no-SQL storage and databases like Azure CosmosDB, Mongo DB, Azure Blobs, AWS S3 bucket.
- Recent experience with VSTS/Azure DevOps deployments.
- Must have experience with any Configuration management and Orchestration technologies.
- Hands-on experience writing automation in PowerShell, shell scripts, or CLI
- Good to have a real-time event-driven and streaming platform experience.
- Have passed Cloud Professional Architect certifications like AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional, Azure Solutions Architect Expert.
- Have passed one or more DevOps certification exams like Azure DevOps, AWS DevOps professional.
- Have previous experience with version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN, TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps).
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.