Competitive Intelligence Analyst
*** Relocation is not included for candidates outside of the Bay Area. Thanks! ***
Position: Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Competitive Intelligence
Location: San Jose, CA
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud—securely.
Come and join our team and be a part of this exciting transformation to cloud-based security!
If you’re looking to work in a fun and fast-paced environment that rewards unique thought and execution, then Zscaler could be a great opportunity. As a Product Marketing Manager for Competitive Intelligence, you will own competitive analysis and positioning, develop competitive sales tools and campaigns, and provide strategic sales support.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Market intelligence – Understand the security market, current and emerging competitive threats, competitor’s solutions, corporate strategies, activities, partnerships, strengths and weaknesses; be an expert on Zscaler’s competition and how to beat them.
- Competitive differentiation – Work closely with product marketing and corporate marketing to ensure competitive differentiation for Zscaler product messaging, web content, campaigns, and corporate marketing content.
- Competitive positioning and messaging – Craft messaging documents that serve as the keystone for internal and outbound competitive sales assets, including web copy, presentations, competitive displacement campaigns, and press releases.
- Sales enablement – Communicate the competitive positioning of Zscaler products and solutions to sales teams. Develop the sales tools that support the selling process, including battlecards, feature and positioning comparisons, white papers, and training.
- Content creation– Collaborate closely with the demand generation team to guide and develop the ideal content and competitive positioning for outbound competitive programs.
- Evangelist– Craft and deliver compelling presentations for in-person and online events, not only highlighting Zscaler advantages over competing solutions, but also positioning Zscaler relative to market trends, partner dynamics, and emerging buyer behaviors.
- Thought leadership- Be an external (and internal) thought leader about the market and competitive environment, contributing regularly on the company’s blog and other social media outlets.
- Strategic sales support – Provide strategic support on competitive sales deals; be the expert on competitor specific issues.
- Product roadmap development – Asses the competitive landscape to identify product gaps, competitive threats, and strategic opportunities; provide product management and engineering with input into product and roadmap planning and releases.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or other graduate degree a plus;
- Proven ability to analyze markets, products, and competitors, and translate that information into useful intelligence and sales tools.
- technical background a plus.
- Strong written, oral, and visual communicator.
- Demonstrated ability to create differentiated positioning and messaging that resonates with potential customers, analysts, and other stakeholders.
- Industry experience in security, Software as a Service, cloud, and/or networking is desirable.
- Previous security experience and knowledge of customer buying behavior is a strong plus
- Ability to travel as needed for customer events, conferences, etc.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.