Staff Engineer - DevTest
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Staff Engineer - DevTest
Location: Bangalore / Chandigarh, India
Nanolog is Zscaler’s big data stack. It was purpose-built from scratch to deal with several billions of events originating from Zscaler’s distributed proxy and firewall enforcement nodes located in several data-centers across the globe. Nanolog uses patented technology to reduce log volume by 10 to 50 times with several compression techniques. Not only does the platform collects and store logs, but it also provides rich real-time analytics capabilities that power a variety of dashboards for customers. Customers are empowered to discover and analyze all their traffic that flows through Zscaler’s distributed proxy network in real-time. The platform also caters to the data mining requirements of Zscaler’s security research team who scour through the mountain of data always on the lookout for new threats emerging on the internet. The data-mining platform is also purpose-built using map-reduce techniques and exposes a SQL-like query language. For those customers who like to have a copy of these logs, the Nanolog platform can also stream these logs in real-time from Zscaler’s cloud to customer’s premises.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Participate in product development early-on during the development life-cycle, create the necessary test infrastructure, and help with early integration testing
- Build the infrastructure to test the product programmatically, measure code coverage and automate test cases
- Work with developers to improve the ability to test the product and troubleshoot issues in production
- Be a champion of quality and promote best practices to improve the same within the team
- Help with building and maintaining CI/CD pipeline
- Versatile and fast learner with the ability to take early code and help with early integration testing
- Understanding of QA methodologies, test planning, and test execution experience is required.
- Good knowledge of Networking Fundamentals(L2/L3), TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS is a MUST
- Working knowledge of Windows/Unix/Mac OS
- Automation experience in one or more of the following scripting languages: Perl/Python/Shell scripting.
- Understanding of Cloud Computing and exposure to Data Analytics, Big Data is a huge Plus
- Self-starter takes initiative, identifies and completes tasks; goal driven
- Good English verbal and written communication skills to partner with local and remote engineers.
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.