Senior Software Engineer (Java, RestFul APIs, Apache/Nginx, SQL DB, Hibernate)
Position: Senior Software Engineer (Java, RestFul APIs, Apache/Nginx, SQL DB, Hibernate)
Location: Chandigarh, India
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyber attacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud—securely.
The Senior Software Engineer (Java, RestFul APIs, Apache/Nginx, SQL DB, Hibernate) will report to the Sr. Manager, Cloud Reliability who will be responsible for creating and deploying scalable systems and monitoring the massively growing infrastructure.
The Cloud Ops team is responsible for keeping the engines running at peak performance. On any given day, the Zscaler cloud processes tens of billions of transactions — scanning a petabyte of data — for 15 million users around the world. The transaction volume on the Zscaler cloud is growing significantly every quarter, yet the cloud’s overall stability just continues to improve, and that is directly attributable to the Cloud Ops team’s deep expertise and its dedication to reliability, availability, and scalability. To be a part of this team, you will, above all, need to share this dedication. And a sense of humor wouldn’t hurt.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- Automate monitoring, management, and troubleshooting of issues for Zscaler cloud.
- Measure/troubleshoot cloud performance issues for CI/CD and DevOps.
- Provide predictive monitoring of the cloud.
- 5-8 years of software development experience in large networks management, OR Cloud operations management and tools and automation development.
- Full stack development experience on with an emphasis on backend Java platforms server.
- Proficient within developing Java stack based enterprise Web applications. Knowledge Angular-
cliis a big plus.
- Experience in CI/CD tools (Ansible, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) is a big plus.
- Experience in managing public clouds (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc) is a big plus
- Problem solver can do attitude and team working
What You Can Expect From Us
- An environment where you will be working on cutting-edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Organisation
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.