Cloud Operations Engineer
Position: Cloud Operations Engineer
Location: Chandigarh, India
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Its flagship services, Zscaler Internet Access, and Zscaler Private Access create fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, Zscaler operates the world’s largest cloud security platform, protecting thousands of enterprises and government agencies from cyber attacks and data loss. The Zscaler platform operates at a carrier-grade level– we process over 25 billion transactions a day in our cloud to protect our customers.
The Cloud Operations Engineer will report to the Director, Cloud Operations. Zscaler is seeking an Operations Engineer (UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator) to join our Datacenter Operations team based at our corporate offices in India (Chandigarh). In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of the Zscaler production data center services including servers, operating systems, storage, and supporting systems. You will be an instrumental part of the Zscaler Cloud Operations team responsible for the availability, latency, performance, efficiency, monitoring, and emergency response.
The Cloud Ops team is responsible for keeping the engines running at peak performance. On any given day, the Zscaler cloud processes tens of billions of transactions — scanning a petabyte of data — for 15 million users around the world. The transaction volume on the Zscaler cloud is growing significantly every quarter, yet the cloud’s overall stability just continues to improve, and that is directly attributable to the Cloud Ops team’s deep expertise and its dedication to reliability, availability, and scalability. To be a part of this team, you will, above all, need to share this dedication. And a sense of humor wouldn’t hurt.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- Good experience with networking principles, Firewalls, Load Balancing Solutions, etc.
- Working closely with QA, Development, and Infrastructure teams to understand, implement, and deploy end to end monitoring solutions.
- Deploy patches and upgrades, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities as required.
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Linux/UNIX and related applications
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Python, Bash, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Nagios
- Experience working in a 24/7 NOC environment for a cloud provider
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, DNS, DHCP, NAT)
- Comfortable working in a face paced environment
- Constantly driving to improve, optimize and identify opportunities for process improvement
What You Can Expect From Us
- An environment where you will be working on cutting-edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.