Global Head of Internal Audit
Position: Head of Internal Audit
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
With direct oversight from the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, the Head of Internal Audit is responsible for leading the next phase of internal controls framework and compliance at Zscaler. The candidate must be a leader, have strong experience in internal audit, COSO framework, PCAOB requirements, be detail-oriented, have strong technical and communication skills, and be hands-on. The position requires management capabilities to communicate with and educate finance and non-finance personnel on internal controls, financial policies, reporting requirements and business trends and opportunities.
- Lead and oversee the internal audit teams in the U.S and India
- Lead the quarterly reporting to the Audit Committee
- Perform enterprise risk management and present annual internal audit plan to the Audit Committee
- Enhance the internal controls framework of Zscaler in accordance with PCAOB and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Provide high quality, professional day-to-day execution of internal audit engagements and projects in line with solid risk management practices
- Develop and lead audit programs and internal audit reports
- Lead in preparing risk assessments and annual audit plans
- Project manage company-wide engagement with Zscaler’s outside consulting firms for both the United States and India
- Help identify performance improvement opportunities
- Ensure policies and procedures are adhered to as regulatory changes occur to maintain compliance
- Work closely with external auditors, legal counsel, tax preparers, and third-party accounting/consulting firms
- Work closely with the accounting and finance teams on accounting/finance projects as required
- At least 15 years of hands-on working experience showing consistent progression
- Leadership skills, excellent written and verbal skills and demonstrated ability to present complex audit issues to management
- A mix of medium to large publicly listed software company and a Big 4 public accounting firm is highly desired (at least 5 years in a public accounting firm)
- Recognized as an audit expert related to US GAAP accounting and a proven record of SEC reporting controls requirements
- Ability to lead complex projects which require influence and implementation across business groups and functions
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with a desire for continuous improvement
- Must be a "self-starter" with a can-do attitude and a serious desire to have a positive impact on our company
- Strong day-to-day project management skills
- Strong organizational, research, verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, yet function well with independent responsibilities
- Bachelor's or ideally Masters from an accredited college/university in an appropriate field; with CPA, CIA or CISA preferred
What You Can Expect From Us:
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.