Deputy Manager - Taxation (Chartered Accountants Only)
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Deputy Manager - Taxation(Chartered Accountants Only)
Location: Chandigarh, India
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for mobile and cloud-first world. Its flagship services, Zscaler Internet Access, and Zscaler Private Access create fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, Zscaler operates the world’s largest cloud security platform, protecting thousands of enterprises and government agencies from cyber attacks and data loss. The Zscaler platform operates at a carrier-grade level– we process over 25 billion transactions a day in our cloud to protect our customers.
The Deputy Manager will report to the Director, Tax and Treasury and will be primarily responsible for gathering information for income tax returns (state, federal and international) and prepare ad hoc reports for tax calculation ensuring the highest standards of ethics towards financial data. The candidate should have a sound academic record in Finance & Accounting stream.
Zscaler has spent years building groundbreaking technology that’s improving the security postures of enterprises around the world. And while engineering teams have been building great Zscaler products, our G&A teams have been building Zscaler into a great company. The members of our GA teams have been working together to recruit the right people, create the right culture and environment, and build a solid financial and legal foundation—all of which has brought us to an incredibly exciting stage with a lot of momentum driving us forward. Join us and you, too, will have the opportunity to be a part of the excitement and contribute to Zscaler’s growth and success in meaningful ways.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- Prepare and/or review income tax returns
- Calculate estimated tax payments
- Prepare and/or review monthly income tax reconciliations
- Research complex tax issues
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of income tax and indirect tax returns
- Assist with sales, use and property tax filings on a monthly, quarterly or annually
- Prepare and/or review VAT/GST/Consumption tax returns and reconciliations
- Record keeping of all tax filings
- Prepare various ad hoc reports required to support the tax calculations
- Ability to function in fast-paced environment.
- Chartered Accountant with 5 years of experience in income tax compliance at a multinational organization
- Good knowledge of tax accounting and tax compliance
- Experience with India AS and U.S. GAAP.
- Experience working for a U.S. owned company a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with individuals at all levels internally as well as outside of the firm in various countries and cultures.
- Strong customer service orientation, a team player with the ability to establish collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to remain flexible and accommodate in the face of change in a growing environment.
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting accountants, and management
- Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
What You Can Expect From Us
- An environment where you will be working on cutting-edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.