Software Engineer QA - Big Data
Position: Software Engineer, QA - Big Data
Location: Chandigarh, India
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyber attacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud—securely.
The Software Engineer, QA will report to the Sr. Manager, QA. As a Software Engineer, QA will assist in building the next generation of Zscaler's security analytics platform. The candidate will contribute to testing a platform to collect and ingest several billion (and growing) log events from Zscaler's globally distributed security infrastructure, and provide actionable insights to customers and Zscaler's security researchers.
Like any technology company, we rely on QA to ensure that our products perform exactly as promised. But as a company that provides technology services, based on our own purpose-built global cloud platform, QA has a singularly important role at Zscaler to identify potential customer pain-points ahead of time. Our customers — including some of the largest global organizations — send all their traffic across our platform, and that’s why QA is out in front at Zscaler, helping to ensure that our services work properly in the cloud and that our cloud, itself, is delivering on SLAs and providing the performance and reliability on which our customers depend.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- Design, develop and test Zscaler software products includes protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, Encryption technologies etc. for company products to provide cloud security.
- Develop Program using various programming languages such as Python/Perl/Java for test automation and tools development.
- Debugging and troubleshooting issues within Zscaler products running on Unix systems
- Set up the data platform and Hadoop ecosystem for testing
- Define test strategy and write a test plan for the data platform enhancements and new features/services built on it.
- Define the operating procedures, service monitors and alerts and work with the NOC team to get them implemented.
- Responsible for functional, system & performance testing of the data platform and applications.
- Solve problems and establish plans and provide technical consultation in the design, development and test effort of complex Zscaler engineering projects
- Review product specifications and write the test case, develop test plans for assigned areas
- Identifies issues and technical interdependencies and suggest possible solutions
- Assist in the development and delivery of training to cross-functional teams
- Recreate complex customer and production reported issues to determine root cause and verify the fix
- 3+ years of experience in testing within Networking and/or Security and/or Big data platform domain.
- Experienced in automation framework development & test automation.
- Automation development skills in Python or Perl or Java.
- Solid knowledge and/or hands-on experience in L2, L3; TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS
- Very good debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience in Big data & analytics, Hadoop Ecosystem, Kafka, Elastic Search, Influx DB is an advantage
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field is required.
What You Can Expect From Us
- An environment where you will be working on cutting-edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley based organization
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.