Staff Software Engineer
We are looking for people who are sharp, creative and hardworking, with an unwavering desire to be the best.
Traditional security companies are becoming less relevant as cloud adoption and digital transformation become the norm in every market industry and every market segmentation. Zscaler has been a leader in Gartner’s MQ for 9 consecutive years and has helped shape the emerging SASE category (a true category creator). We are well-positioned to dominate this massively growing cloud security market.
The Zscaler Culture
Winning Technology and Products -We offer the best technology and products for the Cloud First world. We pioneered cloud security and continue to grow our 20B + TAM by releasing new products every year.
Supportive Leadership – An industry-leading leadership team with strong values, off the chart business acumen that will help you succeed quickly while providing mentorship and career growth.
Competitive; We Play to Win – We are playing in a Rapidly growing TAM and huge market mega-shifts that leads directly to Zscaler; tracking a growth path similar to Salesforce, Workday, & ServiceNow.
Senior Staff Engineer (Backend and Performance)
We have a terrific opportunity in our Zscaler Isolation Platform team for a Senior Staff Engineer (Backend and Performance)
The Isolation Platform is a small distributed team that works fast and lives on the cutting edge of software engineering in backend, frontend and infrastructure.
We like open-source but we are not afraid of building stuff ourselves where it makes sense and we can optimize something.
Our philosophy is: done is better than perfect and we strive to work iteratively and optimize our processes along the way so that we can achieve reliable and fast product deliverables that delight our customers.
The environment is fast-paced and requires the ability to take initiative and manage ambiguity to drive effective results. This role may interface with customers, subject matter experts, technical experts, developers and other QA engineers located globally and in different time zones.
- Owning multiple components from our architecture from design to implementation to reliability in production
- Take end-to-end ownership of the design and implementation of core product functionality and key technical initiatives
- Designing, write beautiful code and quickly build prototypes to validate technical solutions
- Experienced at writing unit and integration tests and integrating into CI/CD
- Designing for high availability and scale with security in mind for public cloud applications
- Designing, running and analyzing performance tests in a large scale cloud environment
- Mentor junior members of the team to help ramp them up different components and architecture of the system
- Demonstrable experience in software engineering with experience in developing backend applications for cloud-based products
- Experience in performance engineering and component level reliability
- Solid grasp on data structures and object-oriented design
- Experience with GoLang represents a plus
- Able to design and build RESTful services and APIs in a microservice based architecture
- Experience with container technologies like Docker and container orchestration like Kubernetes represents a plus
- Comfortable with scoping effort and estimating development tasks
- Experienced in debugging/troubleshooting on performance and memory issues at both component and system level
- Experience to design and develop automation infrastructure for system, solution and scale testing
- Pleasant to work with, passion for solving customer problems with a can-do attitude
Additionally, we will make every effort:
- To provide you with the best support, learning, and access to expertise in the marketplace.
- To invest in your personal and professional growth and reward you accordingly with competitive pay, benefits, and equity.
- And, provide you with an environment that is defined by collaboration.
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.