Principal Product Manager, Security
Position: Principal Product Manager, Security
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
We are looking for talented Principal Product Manager to drive the Zscaler advanced threat protection (ATP) product strategy and execution. The PM will be primarily responsible for the suite of policy engines that secure an organization’s web security from malicious entities by providing Suspicious Content Protection, Botnet Protection, Malicious Active Content Protection, Fraud and Unauthorized Communication Protection, Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) Protection, Suspicious Destinations Protection, Phishing protection, P2P File Sharing Protection, P2P Anonymizer Protection and Advanced threat signature based blocking. This position requires an understanding of online threats (botnets, exploit kits, client-side exploits, cybercrime), an analytic mindset and strong security expertise.
This position reports directly to the Director of Product Management for Security.
- Work closely with engineering, operations, and threat research teams to own and drive a roadmap and strategy for Advanced threat protection.
- Proactively conduct market analysis to form recommendations on business priorities and opportunities and present to senior leadership.
- Serve as a thought leader and product expert in customer engagements; help articulate and clarify areas of competitive differentiation.
- Validate product direction by interacting with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Build concrete, tangible product plans that balance efficacy, fast response to evolving threats and cost considerations.
- Work with the marketing team on positioning, product introductions and launches.
- Analyze new malware threats and signatures.
- Write blog posts and papers related to threat analysis.
- Develop security focused training and certifications for internal sales engineering and field teams (CSM, TAM) with deep dives on product.
- Evaluating emerging technologies and creating hands-on assessments with in-depth technical analysis and SWAT.
- Lead 3rd party evaluations for Zscaler to measure efficacy of detection for product security engines such as Cloud sandbox, Advanced Threat Protection, and others.
- 7+ years of experience in Security
- Experience with Malware analysis
- Strong understanding of web protocols and web application security
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Strong team player not afraid to present new, creative ideas
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.