Staff Software Engineer - Nanolog
Position: Staff Software Engineer
Location: Burnaby, BC
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud securely.
Come and join our team and be a part of this exciting transformation to cloud-based security.
Nanolog is Zscaler’s big data stack. It was purpose-built from scratch to deal with several billions of events originating from Zscaler’s distributed proxy and firewall enforcement nodes located in several data-centers across the globe. Nanolog uses patented technology to reduce log volume by 10 to 50 times with several compression techniques. Not only does the platform collects and store logs, it also provides rich real-time analytics capabilities that power a variety of dashboards for customers. Customers are empowered to discover and analyze all their traffic that flows through Zscaler’s distributed proxy network in real-time. The platform also caters to the data mining requirements of Zscaler’s security research team who scour through the mountain of data always on the lookout for new threats emerging on the internet. The data-mining platform is also purpose built using map-reduce techniques and exposes a SQL-like query language. For those customers who like to have a copy of these logs, the Nanolog platform can also stream these logs in real-time from Zscaler’s cloud to customer’s premises.
- 10+ years in Software Development
- Proficiency in “C” programming language
- Strong in Algorithms and Data Structures
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- Very good debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of any Unix system
- Strong in fundamentals - High-performance Computing, Event-based programming, Multi-threading, Memory optimization, Fault Tolerance etc
- Experience developing large, maintainable software product architectures
- Strong software design, profiling and verification skills
- Experience leading and/or mentoring a small team
- BS degree or higher strongly preferred
- Knowledge of internals of databases.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP protocols and tuning
- Working knowledge of Java
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.