Assistant Manager - Corporate Financial Reporting
Position: Assistant Manager - Corporate Financial Reporting
Location: Chandigarh, India
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyber attacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud securely.
The Assistant Manager - Corporate Financial Reporting will report to the Manager - Corporate Financial Reporting and will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of external financial reporting and technical accounting matters impacting Zscaler with a strong desire to improve processes and controls. The ideal candidate must be a Chartered Accountant with a strong foundation in financial accounting standards, audit, and review of financial statements, preparation of footnotes, assessment and testing of internal control regarding financial reporting, and preparation/review of financial statements in accordance with financial accounting standards.
Zscaler has spent years building groundbreaking technology that’s improving the security posture of enterprises around the world. And while engineering teams have been building great Zscaler products, our G&A teams have been building Zscaler into a great company. The members of our GA teams have been working together to recruit the right people, create the right culture and environment, and build a solid financial and legal foundation—all of which has brought us to an incredibly exciting stage with a lot of momentum driving us forward. Join us and you, too, will have the opportunity to be a part of the excitement and contribute to Zscaler’s growth and success in meaningful ways.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- Support the Manager of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting located in India, in financial accounting research, preparation of technical accounting memorandums, review/preparation of accounting policies, support to Investor Relations, and ad-hoc projects, among others
- Key contributor for the accurate preparation, review and timely filing of external financial statements with the SEC, including Form 10Ks, Form 10Qs and Form 8Ks, including footing, cross-footing, and review for internal consistency
- Assistance with the roll forward of financial statements on a quarterly basis
- Completion of disclosure checklists to ensure Zscaler consolidated financial
- Preparation of tie-out binder supporting the consolidated financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly financial presentations for senior management, audit committee
- Support to the SEC Group for the determination of the appropriate accounting framework for significant and non-routine transactions
- Support to the monthly close process preparing and/or reviewing of journal entries related to significant accounting matters
- Assist in the drafting/review of financial accounting policies
- Work closely with external auditors, legal counsel, tax preparers, and third-party accounting/consulting firms, as needed
- Train accounting and finance staff on accounting matters
- Support on ad-hoc projects
- 3-4 years of public accounting experience, ideally with one of the Big Four accounting firms (PwC, E&Y, Deloitte, KPMG)
- B.Com/BA/BS degree in Accounting
- Chartered Accountant
- High interest and passion for developing an expertise in financial accounting and reporting requirements under U.S. GAAP and SEC
- Strong ability to follow through the quarterly calendar deliverables, provide ongoing status updates and work on a collaborative/team environment
- High attention to detail with a “detail-do-matter” approach in the preparation of financial statements
- An untiring advocate for continuous process improvement of the SEC reporting process and maximize leverage from technology tools
- Strong “I-can-do-it” attitude is essential to take on new and challenging assignments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
team-playerwith the ability to work effectively as part of a team, yet function well with independent responsibilities
- Flexibility to work U.S. time during the peak days of the quarterly reporting process
What You Can Expect From Us
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Organisation
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.