Customer Marketing & Reference Manager
Position: Customer Marketing & Reference Manager
Location: San Jose, CA
The cloud and mobility are creating a mega-shift that’s disrupting 30 years of networking and security infrastructure. Traditional network security architecture is no longer suitable for the cloud and mobile-first world.
Zscaler is a pioneer and leader in cloud security and we are enabling the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for the cloud and mobile-first world.
With a solution born and built 100% in the cloud, Zscaler employees have built and operate a massive, global cloud security architecture, delivering the entire gateway security stack as a service. By providing fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network.
We process over 25 billion transactions a day in our cloud and protect our customers from over 125 million security threats daily. We became a publicly traded company with our IPO in March 2018 and are experiencing tremendous growth in all areas of the business.
Come and join our team and be part of this exciting transformation to
The Customer Marketing & Reference Manager is a senior position in the marketing team that will play a key role in defining and executing our customer marketing strategy. This role requires experience and expertise in working closely with a wide variety of people at enterprise-class customers. It also requires excellent cross-functional leadership skills with experience working with sales and customer success. Your objectives will be to develop a successful customer marketing program, build customer loyalty and expand customer adoption of Zscaler.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Implement programs to enhance customer experience and journey and promote customer engagement, and increase product and integration adoption.
- Manage Zscaler’s customer reference program. Work with Sales and Customer Success to identify top reference accounts and cultivate champions; work with PR and Content to create strong customer case studies, quotes, references, stories based on business priorities
- Become the go-to expert in existing customer data & stories to help create effective marketing assets that can be leveraged in our highest priority marketing campaigns
- Develop customer lifecycle campaigns that educate customers about the value of Zscaler and how to use our product to meet their needs
- Assist with the creation and management of customer advisory boards, along with engaging customers for reviews and feedback
- Help tell customer stories through testimonials, case studies, videos, and more.
- Assist with other customer marketing initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related discipline - MBA preferred
- Demonstrated Success with Customer Marketing and Community Management
- Experience with social media and marketing campaigns
- Extraordinary writing skills with excellent English grammar required
- Detail oriented with a get-it-done attitude
- Demonstrate integrity, accountability, and empathy with a mindset to naturally think first how you can help others rather than how they can help you
What You Can Expect From Us:
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (
Follow Us on LinkedIn
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.