Staff Software Engineer - Emerging Technologies
Position: Staff Software Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud—securely.
Come and join our team and be a part of this exciting transformation to cloud-based security!
Zscaler’s Emerging Technology team is working on revolutionary new products including Zscaler Private Access (ZPA). This is an excellent opportunity to join a small, dynamic team that is charting new ground in cloud security technology.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Very strong object-oriented design and development skills for high-volume production applications
- TCP/IP protocol stack, HTTP, DNS and other related protocols
- Experience developing distributed software product architectures
- Unix/Linux Kernel & file system
- Experience coding in C/C++, Java and other technologies
- Experience working with large data sets
- Strong software design, profiling, and verification skills
- Deep understanding of the concepts behind solid software design: Abstraction, Modularity, Design Patterns, Representation Invariants, etc.
- Networking, wireless and/or security experience or knowledge preferred
- Work experience through complete software project delivery cycles
- Masters degree in either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering
What You Can Expect From Us:
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Follow Us on LinkedIn