Sr. Cloud Operations Engineer - Python & Ansible
Position: Sr. Cloud Operations Engineer - Python & Ansible
Location: San Jose, CA
*** U.S. Citizenship is Required *** for this position due to the nature of customers assigned to this role.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Cloud Operations Engineer to join the Zscaler Cloud Operations Team. If you’re looking to work in a fun and rapidly-changing SaaS production cloud environment that rewards out-of-the-box thought and execution, then Zscaler could be a great opportunity.
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
As a Zscaler Cloud Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining our customer facing Zscaler Production Cloud which encompasses 150+ data centers and protects over 15 million users in 185+ countries.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure 24/7 Global availability of the Zscaler Security Cloud
- Create new platform process automation in Python and Ansible
- Respond to monitoring alerts and tickets created by our customer facing support team
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues from our monitoring tools and support including deep dive investigation
- Proactively identify cloud affecting events and implement a solution before it escalates to a problem
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Expert level Scripting/programming with Python, Bash and Ansible
- Exhibit strong working knowledge of Linux/UNIX and related applications
- Advanced Linux/Unix system administration skills
- Experience working in a 24/7 SaaS production environment for a cloud provider
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, DNS, DHCP, NAT)
- Ability to think on your feet, be resourceful and solve interesting technical problems
- Constantly driving to improve, optimize and identify opportunities for process improvement
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar discipline
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d enjoy talking to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.