Lead Development Representative – German Speaking
Lead Development Representative
At Zscaler, we are on a mission to redefine network security for the Cloud and Mobile-First World.
Zscaler is a pioneer and leader in cloud security and we are enabling the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for the cloud and mobile-first world.
We are looking for high calibre business development specialist that can work alongside sales and marketing to support rapid EMEA growth.
As a highly credible business development specialist you will customer-first mindset and consultative approach, you’ll raise awareness and understanding of secure cloud transformation at C level in the world’s largest organisations.
Even the most conservative organizations, financial institutions and government are securely transforming to the cloud so it’s not a case of if Zscaler but when.
Your role will be to profile target accounts, understand their interests and needs and lead them on the Zscaler education journey. You’ll develop relationships, uncover business insights and spot triggers that lead to meetings, opportunities, pipeline and revenue.
This role presents an opportunity to join and grow your career with one of the fastest growing tech organizations in Silicon Valley.
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of Zscaler’s technology
- Articulate Zscaler’s value proposition, capabilities and advantages
- Understand the landscape and competitors
- Work closely with sales and sales engineering teams, you will and adopt effective sales techniques and approaches
- Respond to inbound enquiries, qualify and set up meetings
- Build and maintain a quality database of leads, influencers and decision makers, utilising an outsourced team to append data and further contacts
- Research and profile target accounts, monitoring news for triggers and alerts
- Utilise a variety of sales tools and contact methods including email, social and phone calls to contact targets
- Set up highly qualified sales meetings that convert to opportunities
- Use a closed loop process to educate and mature interest with prospects over time
- Revive older opportunities that were not ready at the time
- Regularly connect with your Field Sales and Sales Engineering teams to align activity and meet expectations
- Work with your local marketing team to contribute to and follow-up campaigns
- Maintain accurate activity, contact, and account information of all customers and prospects in Salesforce.com
- Utilise a wide variety of selling tools to high levels of competency
How you will be measured
Your daily activity and insights will naturally drive meetings and business opportunities which is how you’ll be measured.
What skills will make you successful?
An inquisitive nature, lively personality and ambition to succeed are more important than work experience, a track record in sales or knowledge of the security landscape.
- The ability to connect with contacts via a variety of methods to reach influencers and decision makers
- An active listener, interested in prospect’s objectives and needs, asks challenging questions and demonstrates a desire to improve the prospect’s performance and business results
- Strong organisational skills, pays attention to detail and adopts a methodical approach to recording and managing prospect interactions
- Can influence at a high level in an organisation and inspire contacts to act to accelerate the process
- Is tech savvy, self-aware, ambitious and passionate about their performance and development
- Comfortable in a fast paced, goal oriented high growth sales environment
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with excellent listening skills and a positive and energetic attitude.
- Conversant in Microsoft Office applications and salesforce.com CRM
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related area
- Experience in a front line role required (sales, support, customer service).
- Business Fluent in English and German
What you can expect
- An exciting, fast-paced and fun work environment with like-minded individuals
- Cutting edge, award-winning technology that customers love
- Competitive salary and benefits, including bonus and equity that reflects individual and overall company success
- Fast career development for those that meet targets
- Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Follow Us on LinkedIn and Glassdoor.
We process over 60 billion transactions a day in our cloud and protect our customers from over 125 million security threats daily. We became a publicly traded company with our IPO in March 2018 and are experiencing tremendous growth in all areas of the business.
Keywords: business development executive, business development representative, sales development, account development, lead generation.
Unique ID 3142