Senior Big Data Engineer
Location: San Jose, CA or Atlanta, GA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
As a Big Data Engineer, you will work on building the next generation of Zscaler's security analytics platform. You will play a crucial role in building a platform to collect and ingest several billion (and growing) log events from Zscaler's globally distributed security infrastructure and provide actionable insights to customers and Zscaler's security researchers.
- You will design and create multi-tenant systems capable of loading and transforming a large volume of structured and semi-structured fast moving data
- Build robust and scalable data infrastructure (both batch processing and real-time) to support needs from internal and external users
- Build Data Pipelines
- Run ETL into Hadoop/Elastic Search
- 3+ years of experience in Python or Java development a must (Strong Scala would skills would be acceptable as well)
- 3+ years experience in application big data development (Spark, Kafka, Storm, Kinesis, & building data pipelines)
- Ability to troubleshoot and find complex performance issues with queries on the Spark platform (Spark SQL)
- Familiarity with implementing services following REST model
- Excellent interpersonal, technical and communication skills
- Ability to learn, evaluate and adopt new technologies
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience working with data processing infrastructure
- Experience with data serialization techniques and data stores for persisting events
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.