Position: Software Engineer
Location: Bangalore, India
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyber attacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud—securely.
The Software Engineer will report to the Sr. Director of Engineering, CA and will be part of a highly talented team that has built a groundbreaking “In the Cloud" web and email security solution. High performance and scalability are the hallmarks of this highly distributed and multi-tenant cloud. The role is of an individual contributor with a possible path towards a leadership position. Minimum relevant experience of 5 years is required. Please apply only if you have a penchant for code, will be totally comfortable with 100% coding role and if you would love to take ownership of a larger component and be accountable for it.
The Zscaler engineering team has built the world’s largest cloud security platform from the ground up — and it just keeps building. With more than 100 patents and big plans for enhancing platform services and increasing its global footprint, the team is taking the Zscaler multi-tenant architecture from innovative idea back in 2008 to today's cloud security leader, with more than 15 million users in 185 countries.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- Design and implement extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems that process and manage petabytes and customer data.
- Analyze and improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our backend systems
- Work as a member of a team, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs.
- Strong in Algorithms and Data Structures
- Very good debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong in fundamentals - High-performance Computing, Event-based programming, Multi-threading, Memory optimization, Fault Tolerance
- Experience developing large, maintainable software product architectures
- Strong software design, profiling and verification skills
- Knowledge of Auth protocols like LDAP, SAML
- Good working knowledge of databases and DB optimizations
- Networking, wireless and/or security experience or knowledge
- Good understanding of UNIX Internals
- Minimum 2 years of experience required in similar or related technology
- BS degree or higher strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Self-starter takes initiative, identifies and completes tasks; goal driven
- Professional with the ability to properly handle confidential information
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
What You Can Expect From Us
- An environment where you will be working on cutting-edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Organisation
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.