Principal Cloud Consultant Professional Services - Remote
*This role can be remote in any Major Metro Area in the United States*
Principal Cloud Consultant Professional Services
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud first world. Its flagship services, Zscaler Internet Access and Zscaler Private Access, create fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances are unable to match. Used in more than 190 countries, Zscaler operates the world’s largest cloud security platform, protecting thousands of enterprises and government agencies from cyberattacks and data loss. The Zscaler platform operates at a carrier grade level– we process over 50 billion transactions a day in our cloud to protect our customers.
The Deployment team at Zscaler helps customers properly deploy their Zscaler solution. A Professional Services Consultant at Zscaler is a senior technical individual contributor, traveling to customer sites to assist in proper design and deployment.
In this role, you will be a key field resource, working hand-in-hand with the deployment team, partners and customers, to provide deployment advisory services to ensure proper design, configuration, resiliency, and overall best practices are followed.
- Provide deployment advisory services including best practice design, recommendations, and configurations
- Travel to customer locations to assist customers in short-term professional service engagements
- Assist deployment customers with testing or troubleshooting. Escalate to support as required
- Reproduce customer issues to verify problems and document steps to replicate for Support, Engineering and Operations teams
- Become a Zscaler cloud services expert through self study, company training, and a desire to excel
- ~ 75-100% travel per month
- Other duties or projects, as assigned
- 8+ years of prior work experience in similar positions (e.g. Solutions Architect, Systems Engineer, Technical Marketing Engineer, or a Support Engineer).
- Minimum Education: Technical bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Deep understanding of networking or security in Enterprise environments.
- Able to learn and support cutting-edge technologies while context-switching.
- Strong understanding of how to navigate technical and architectural discussions.
- Comfortable talking about technical topics/issues with business people and business topics/issues with technical people; Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills across internal and external organizations.
- Ability to travel to partner sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
- Professional experience architecting and operating solutions built on (in order of preference): Azure, AWS, and GCP.
- Experience with Hypervisors (in order of preference): VMware, Hyper-V, and KVM.
- Industry certifications such as CCIE, JNCIE, CISSP or CCSP preferred.
- Working knowledge of authentication systems such as LDAP and MS Active Directory
- Familiarity with IPSEC, GRE, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS protocols
- Familiarity with Proxy and SSL
- Familiarity with IIS Web Server administration
- Versatile with using various operating systems including Windows, Mac, and GNU/Linux
- Hands-on knowledge with network troubleshooting using tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, Traceroute, and MTR
- US Citizenship Required
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.