Software Engineer QA
Position: Software Engineer, QA
Location: Chandigarh, India
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyber attacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud—securely.
The Software Engineer, QA will report to the Director of QA. As a Software QA Engineer, and a member of our System and Solution Test Team; you will be responsible for the cross-functional and system testing of the Zscaler Security Solution.
Like any technology company, we rely on QA to ensure that our products perform exactly as promised. But as a company that provides technology services, based on our own purpose-built global cloud platform, QA has a singularly important role at Zscaler to identify potential customer pain-points ahead of time. Our customers — including some of the largest global organizations — send all their traffic across our platform, and that’s why QA is out in front at Zscaler, helping to ensure that our services work properly in the cloud and that our cloud, itself, is delivering on SLAs and providing the performance and reliability on which our customers depend.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- Responsible for writing the system and solution test plan
- Responsible for recreating the customer found defects in the Lab env
- Responsible for automating the system and solution test cases
- Responsible for the interop testing with different vendors IPsec and GRE solutions.
- Contribute to engineering efforts to solve complex engineering problems in testing and tools.
- Design, develop and extend the automated testing frameworks.
- 3+ years in software dev test or QA test role
- Experience in developing automated test frameworks and writing scripts to the existing frameworks in Networking/Cloud domain
- A versatile and fast learner with an ability to take the early code and help with early integration testing
- Experience with REST API, Python, Perl, Expect and scripting
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix, Networking, Firewalls and IPS systems
- Strong knowledge of the Firewall, IPsec VPN, Load Balancer
- Strong understanding of networking protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS
- Must be very hands-on, passionate about quality and willing to collaborate with multiple teams for system testing
- Good English verbal and written communication skills to partner with local and remote engineers
What You Can Expect From Us
- An environment where you will be working on cutting-edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Organisation
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.