Deputy Manager - Purchasing (US Shifts Only)
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Deputy Manager- Purchasing (US Shifts Only)
Location: Chandigarh, India
Reporting to the Senior Director- Finance & Administration, the Deputy Manager, Purchasing shall be based out of our Mohali office and shall be responsible for executing Zscaler’s worldwide purchasing strategy, cost effectiveness and ensuring the integrity of world-wide purchasing and sourcing activities. The candidate must have leadership skills, have experience in complex negotiation process across the various purchasing segments and must have a proven record of executing a cost-effective purchasing department in a high growth technology company. The candidate must also be detail oriented, have strong organization and communication skills, and be hands-on as this role would be an individual position. The position requires capabilities to communicate with and educate finance and non-finance personnel on purchase policies, costing requirements and competitive purchasing techniques and opportunities.
This is an outstanding opportunity to make a high impact contribution to a publically traded company on the cutting edge of cloud security. This role will require a high degree of self-sufficiency, organizational skills, proactivity, and ability to enjoy a quick-paced and busy environment.
Zscaler has spent years building groundbreaking technology that’s improving the security postures of enterprises around the world. And while engineering teams have been building great Zscaler products, our G&A teams have been building Zscaler into a great company. The members of our GA teams have been working together to recruit the right people, create the right culture and environment, and build a solid financial and legal foundation—all of which has brought us to an incredibly exciting stage with a lot of momentum driving us forward. Join us and you, too, will have the opportunity to be a part of the excitement and contribute to Zscaler’s growth and success in meaningful ways.
Responsibilities/ What You’ll Do:
- Execute world-wide purchasing strategy in line with Zscaler’s international foot print and growth requirements
- Strategic price and contract negotiations. Manage negotiations, pricing, quality & availability. Research market intelligence & make strategic recommendations for purchasing components
- Manage relationship with cloud based spend management/e-procurement vendor and develop strategic initiatives to increase efficiencies across the organization
- Benchmark suppliers against metrics to assure logistic and cost performance
- Establish vendor management process to monitor and improve vendor performance as appropriate. Be the lead contact for suppliers in these categories, working in close partnership with internal teams
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of "best in class" suppliers and assess supplier availability
- Lead contract negotiations and manage the competitive bidding process for identified opportunities
- Oversee facilities negotiations for expanding office locations of Zscaler
- Partner with Legal to ensure all vendor contracts are current and compliant
- Must hold degree of Master of Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent from a reputed institute
- At least 5-7 years of hands-on working experience showing consistent progression preferably with MNC or large domestic group having presence across different counties
- Seasoned Procurement skill set required; i.e. analytics, buy strategies and tactical implementation
- Analytical thinking - Ability to quickly analyze data and transform it into meaningful insight
- Strong Interpersonal skills - ability to work effectively as part of a team in an unstructured environment; comfortable and effective in influencing at all levels; ability to tactfully give/receive constructive feedback
- Creative -- Inquisitive attitude, can identify new and better ways; active external learner that takes advantage of ideas, best practices, and solutions developed elsewhere
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and other colleagues, and demonstrate initiative, mature judgment, superior customer service orientation, and the ability to anticipate the needs of the organization
- Execution - persistent drive for results utilizing sound project management, organizational and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement
- Must be a "self-starter" with a can-do attitude and a serious desire to have a positive impact on our company
- Strong day-to-day project management skills
- Open to work in permanent US Shift timings
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.