Senior Software Developer (C & Networking)
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Senior Software Engineer (Networking) - Emerging Technology
Location: Chandigarh, India
The Senior Software Engineer will work on building the next generation Zscaler Private Access (ZPA) product and Shift product in the Emerging Technology group.
The Zscaler Private Access (ZPA) service enables organizations to provide access to internal applications and services while ensuring the security of their networks. ZPA is an easier to deploy, more cost-effective, and more secure alternative to VPNs. Unlike VPNs, which require users to connect to your network to access your enterprise applications, ZPA allows you to give users policy-based secure access only to the internal apps they need to get their work done. With ZPA, application access does not require network access.
Many organizations are just beginning to realize the amazing power and efficiencies enabled by the cloud. But our teams have been there for years, and our Emerging Technologies team has been at the forefront of cloud technology, developing innovative tools and systems that are giving customers better visibility and security than they’ve ever had. The cloud is transforming business, and the Emerging Technologies team offers a unique opportunity to shape the future of security in the cloud.
We have a terrific opportunity with our Emerging Technology team for a Senior Software Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small, dynamic team that is charting new ground in cloud security technology.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Experience in designing, building and enhancing distributed systems components & must be able to write high-performance code using very efficient algorithms.
- Must be able to ensure that memory is used efficiently so that system responsiveness is maintained during high load times.
- Ability to process packets at both ingress and egress points at very high speed so that client using the system does not perceive any increased latencies.
- Collaborate with the operations team (OPS) to deploy, monitor and if required patch the changes with fixes and enhancements. Continuously scale the systems as more customers/users get added, able to identify hotspots, and timely alleviate/remediate the situation
- To work cross-functionally with the Quality Assurance team to test the work product, and influence the testing to make the product ready for deployment
- Demonstrate the ability to build software in small, interactive chunks and perform the unit testing prior to handing over to the quality assurance team
- 4+ years of experience of developing enterprise applications with distributed systems background.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science\
- Strong C programming, Data structures/Algorithms & debugging skills in a cloud environment.
- Deep understanding of Operating System principles and OS like Linux/Unix
- In-depth understanding of networking concepts including performance parameters of TCP/IP stack.
- Experience in Network Data Path & Socket programming & POSIX Multi-thread programming.
- Excellent Problem-Solving skills
- Previous experience in security or access management a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good team player with the right attitude
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.