Principal Engineer (Java/API)
Position: Principal Engineer (Java/API)
Location: San Jose, CA
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
- Take end-to-end ownership of the design and implementation of core product functionality and key technical initiatives
- Become a key decision-maker for all things related to product architecture.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Play well with others!
- Be a great teammate and help us maintain our positive culture.
- Work with offshore teams.
- Should have a minimum of 10 years of experience in Networking or Cloud Security products.
- Should have a minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience in application development using Java.
- Expert-level technical knowledge: Enterprise Java, OOP, OOA, systems architecture and RESTful APIs, and related frameworks, relational and NoSQL databases, CI/CD (tools and processes)
- Should have experience in leading development teams in multiple geo locations.
- Development experience with RDBMS and NoSQL database (fluent with SQL programming, Stored Procedures).
- Hands-on experience architecting and supporting highly scalable cloud-based solutions
- Hands-on experience creating and optimizing scalable REST applications for a public cloud.
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment.
- Knowledge on Security, Authentication/Authorization and encryption best practices
- A detail-oriented and highly organized person with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and parallel projects
- Strong team leadership skills, including the ability to mentor, motivate and influence others.
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.