Solutions Architect, Business Development
Position: Solutions Architect, Business Development
Location: San Jose, CA
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud—securely.
Come and join our team and be a part of this exciting transformation to cloud-based security!
The Business Development team at Zscaler, helps customers transform and evolve their businesses, through “better-together” product integrations, amongst a rich ecosystem of technology, alliance, and cloud partners. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future as to how Enterprises use technology to securely connect with customers, employees, and partners.
A Solutions Architect at Zscaler is a senior technical individual contributor. Partnering with Engineering, Product Management, Cloud Operations, and Business Development, this position is responsible for being a technical leader and liaison to our partner ecosystem, for all Zscaler products and technologies.
In this role, you will work hand-in-hand with partners and customers, to provide technical consulting, coordination, and problem-solving. The ideal candidate should have prior field experience working as a: Solutions Architect, Systems Engineer, Technical Marketing Engineer, or a Support Engineer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed, while developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
- For existing partners: Advise on integration strategies, Enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure, required to successfully implement a complete solution, while providing “best practice” advice to our partner ecosystem
- For new partners: Lead or be a key contributor during Zscaler technology overviews and architectural discussions with partners.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within partners to enable them to be Zscaler advocates.
- Assist partners to acquire the appropriate skills, or complement their skills, so they can effectively use Zscaler products and technologies.
- Lead and/or coordinate the authoring / co-authoring of technical artifacts (e.g. White papers, deployment guides, blogs, patents, …etc).
- Work hand-in-hand with Business Development Managers to identify and recruit technology partners for Zscaler.
- Strive to be a trusted advisor / go-to person, for partner related technologies and integrations, for all cross-functional teams within Zscaler.
- Maintain current solutions, through the entire solution lifecycle, of assigned partners.
- Assist Product Management and Engineering with capturing integration details, nuance use case requirements, for product design specifications.
- Be able to stand up and support joint lab environments, internal to Zscaler, and externally in partner labs.
- 8+ years of prior work experience in similar positions (e.g. Solutions Architect, Systems Engineer, Technical Marketing Engineer, or a Support Engineer).
- Minimum Education: Technical bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Deep understanding of networking or security in Enterprise environments.
- Able to learn and support cutting-edge technologies while context-switching.
- Strong understanding of how to navigate technical and architectural discussions.
- Comfortable talking about technical topics/issues with business people and business topics/issues with technical people; Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills across internal and external organizations.
- Ability to travel to partner sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
- Prior experience with technology partners for (Partner list: https://www.zscaler.com/partners/technology).
- Hands-on experience with API integration / prototyping using (in order of preference): Python, Golang.
- Professional experience architecting and operating solutions built on (in order of preference): Azure, AWS, and GCP.
- Experience with Hypervisors (in order of preference): VMware, Hyper-V, and KVM.
- Industry certifications such as CCIE, JNCIE, CISSP or CCSP preferred.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.