Public Relations Manager
*** Bay Area local candidates only. Relocation not included. Thanks! ***
Position: Public Relations Manager
Location: San Jose, CA
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for
Used in more than 190 countries, Zscaler operates the world’s largest cloud security platform, protecting thousands of enterprises and government agencies from
The Zscaler platform operates at a
This position reports to the CMO.
Zscaler is seeking a PR person to come join our growing communications team. This person will be involved in all stages of communications efforts -- from concept and message development, and strategic counsel to execution and results-oriented evaluation. Specific tasks will include PR campaign and agency management, media relations, content marketing and writing, supporting strategic events, and execution across internal and external communications. The ideal candidate is a go-getter and strategic thinker while able to deliver on seamless, detailed execution and results. Candidate must work well both independently and as part of a team, and has
- Lead external communications efforts and support internal communications as needed
- Manage PR function including calendar, content, execution, and measurement.
- Determine the plan for key communications assets - our blog, social media presence, etc. - and work with leaders in the company to create compelling content
- Handle reporter inquiries and secure presence in mainstream and niche media by developing relationships with reporters, pitching, and creating press releases
- Create a strong external presence through facilitating staff speaking at conferences, hosting events, etc.
- BA / BS from an accredited university
- 7 - 10 plus years of experience in communications and public relations, ideally both agency and in-house
- Ability to tell complex, nuanced stories succinctly and with passion across spoken, written, and visual mediums.
- Write well in a variety of modes and voices including press releases, blogs, bylines, thought leadership pieces, videos, presentations, and more.
- Demonstrated experience building PR campaigns that meet company goals and have measurable results
- Ability to train others to think from a communications perspective and to represent the company publicly
- Building relationships with journalists, bloggers, and influencers in security and business spheres.
- The entrepreneurial drive to create a full-time communications function from scratch
- Ability to manage complex projects involving cross-track progress and results in a way that works with the company’s data-driven culture
- Passion for mission-driven work and strong desire to help us tell our story
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (