Public Relations Manager
** Relocation not included for candidates outside of the Bay Area. **
Position: Public Relations Manager
Location: San Jose, CA
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud—securely.
Come and join our team and be a part of this exciting transformation to cloud-based security!
This position reports to the CMO.
Zscaler is seeking a PR person to come join our growing communications team. This person will be involved in all stages of communications efforts -- from concept and message development, and strategic counsel to execution and results-oriented evaluation. Specific tasks will include PR campaign and agency management, media relations, content marketing and writing, supporting strategic events, and execution across internal and external communications. The ideal candidate is a go-getter and strategic thinker while able to deliver on seamless, detailed execution and results. Candidate must work well both independently and as part of a team, and has
- Lead external communications efforts and support internal communications as needed
- Manage PR function including calendar, content, execution, and measurement.
- Determine the plan for key communications assets - our blog, social media presence, etc. - and work with leaders in the company to create compelling content
- Handle reporter inquiries and secure presence in mainstream and niche media by developing relationships with reporters, pitching, and creating press releases
- Create a strong external presence through facilitating staff speaking at conferences, hosting events, etc.
- BA / BS from an accredited university
- 7 - 10 plus years of experience in communications and public relations, ideally both agency and in-house
- Ability to tell complex, nuanced stories succinctly and with passion across spoken, written, and visual mediums.
- Write well in a variety of modes and voices including press releases, blogs, bylines, thought leadership pieces, videos, presentations, and more.
- Demonstrated experience building PR campaigns that meet company goals and have measurable results
- Ability to train others to think from a communications perspective and to represent the company publicly
- Building relationships with journalists, bloggers, and influencers in security and business spheres.
- The entrepreneurial drive to create a full-time communications function from scratch
- Ability to manage complex projects involving cross-track progress and results in a way that works with the company’s data-driven culture
- Passion for mission-driven work and strong desire to help us tell our story
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- We protect 15 million users, in 3,250 organizations, across 185+ countries
- Blue Chip Customers (200 of Global 2,000 in our portfolio)
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement?
If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team!
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.