Lead Development Representative
Position: Lead Development Representative
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Its flagship services, Zscaler Internet Access, and Zscaler Private Access create fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, Zscaler operates the world’s largest cloud security platform, protecting thousands of enterprises and government agencies from cyber attacks and data loss. The Zscaler platform operates at a carrier-grade level– we process over 25 billion transactions a day in our cloud to protect our customers.
The Lead Development Representative will report to the Sr. Manager, Marketing. The Lead Development Representative will play a key role in driving new business opportunities for APAC by qualifying, nurturing and setting appointments for
Zscaler has a tremendous story to tell and our growing marketing team is passionate about bringing that story to the market in compelling new ways. We’re looking for exceptional people who are as creative as they are analytical to help us educate the market about a new way to think about cybersecurity. You’ll collaborate with diverse, energetic teams as we develop the Zscaler brand, increase awareness and demand, support partnerships, and help initiate big wins across the company and around the world. It’s an exciting time to be at Zscaler, and marketing is playing a major role in the company’s success. Join us!
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- High volume prospecting/calling into multiple organizations via cold calling, networking, e-mail, as well as utilizing Internet information sources to build and maintain a
- Penetrate, profile, qualify and schedule well-qualified appointments with key decision makers within global 2000 or “targeted” companies.
- Qualifying inbound inquiries by educating and developing prospects leading to an appointment.
- Meet and exceed daily and weekly call goals as well as deliver a high quantity of well-qualified sales opportunities.
- Consistently meet and exceed opportunity quotas to deliver optimal sales pipeline.
- Articulate Zscaler’s value proposition to decision-makers across multiple industries to assess buying interest.
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of Zscaler’s technology – and clearly articulate capabilities and advantages to prospective customers to successfully manage and overcome prospect objections.
- Work closely with sales and sales engineering teams in the development of strategic sales approaches.
- Research customers, identify decision makers, educate prospects and qualify to buy interest and sense of urgency.
- Extensive use of CRM (preferably salesforce.com) to maintain accurate activity, contact, and account information of all customers and prospects
Within 30 Days
- You will be expected to familiarise yourself with Zscaler’s services and messaging and understand how we do things.
- You will be expected to connect with your Field Sales, understand who you are aligned to, what’s their account and expectations
- You will be expected to connect with your Marketing Field Manager to have an understanding of the campaigns to come
- You will set a strategy to make sure that you cover equally all your Field Sales and define weekly cadence both in term of coverage and interaction with them
Within 60 Days
- You will be expected to have mastered Zscaler’s messaging and successfully passed your onboarding training.
- You will start Prospecting/Lead development activity & marketing qualified leads: Sourcing contacts on Linkedin, calling/emailing prospects
Within 90 Days
- You will be working effectively with your Field Sales, reporting on your progress and challenges.
- You will document daily prospecting activities in Salesforce, prepare accurate reports, track opportunity and pipeline creation and perform other tasks necessary to drive pipeline growth within your territory.
- You will be expected to develop your pipeline through a combination of cold calling, email, market sector knowledge/intelligence and by working closely with our Regional Sales Manager on account mapping.
- Deliver reproducible monthly/quarterly results and engagement status of the territory, target verticals, solution requirements, key competitors, etc
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related area.
- Experience in outbound focused sales position desired; customer oriented background required (sales, support, customer service).
- Business Fluent in English and Japanese
What You Can Expect From Us
- An environment where you will be working on cutting-edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Unicorn
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.