Software Engineer - DevTest
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Software Engineer - DevTest
Location: Chandigarh, India
The Software Engineer - DevTest will report to the Director of Engineering, Mobile who will be helping our Mobile Engineering team to build quality in products that secure mobile devices, applications, and data.
We develop innovative solutions that are transforming the internet security business, and millions of users rely on our service for data protection and comprehensive security. We also provide real-time analytics to our customers for unmatched visibility and maintain a state-of-the-art NOC. The development team works on web filtering, policy enforcement, next-gen firewall, sandboxing, DLP, and mobile user solutions. Being responsive to our customers and delivering industry-leading mission-critical solutions require precise engineering and a philosophy of continuous improvement, both areas in which Zscaler engineers excel.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for white box and unit testing complex features which include implementing, automating and executing test cases.
- Create and improve test frameworks to satisfy automation and reporting.
- Interact with customers and partners to simulate customer scenarios that help validate the product.
- Identify and propose areas of improvement throughout the software development process.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Support production issues
- Passion and knack for identifying tests that break the code
- Comfort with Java or C++ programming and a strong grasp of operating systems concepts
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
- Strong server and client-side Java experience
- Experience in web and mobile (iOS and Android) test automation
- Experience with PKI, network security technologies and protocols
- Excellent communication, collaboration, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with RESTful APIs, threading, and performance testing
- Experience debugging HTTPS requests using Fiddler / Wireshark
- Experience in security or networking industry
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills
- Experience being part of the agile team for collaborative execution
- Performance tuning support including test tool development
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.