Cloud Operations Engineer
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Position: Cloud Operations Engineer
Location: Chandigarh, India
Zscaler is seeking an Operations Engineer (UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator) to join our Datacenter Operations team based at our corporate offices in India (Chandigarh). In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of the Zscaler production data center services including servers, operating systems, storage, and supporting systems. You will be an instrumental part of the Zscaler Cloud Operations team responsible for the availability, latency, performance, efficiency, monitoring, and emergency response.
The Cloud Ops team is responsible for keeping the engines running at peak performance. On any given day, the Zscaler cloud processes tens of billions of transactions — scanning a petabyte of data — for 15 million users around the world. The transaction volume on the Zscaler cloud is growing significantly every quarter, yet the cloud’s overall stability just continues to improve, and that is directly attributable to the Cloud Ops team’s deep expertise and its dedication to reliability, availability, and scalability. To be a part of this team, you will, above all, need to share this dedication. And a sense of humor wouldn’t hurt.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do:
- Good experience with networking principles, Firewalls, Load Balancing Solutions, etc.
- Working closely with QA, Development, and Infrastructure teams to understand, implement, and deploy end to end monitoring solutions.
- Deploy patches and upgrades, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities as required.
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Linux/UNIX and related applications
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Python, Bash, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Nagios
- Experience working in a 24/7 NOC environment for a cloud provider
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, DNS, DHCP, NAT)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Constantly driven to improve, optimize and identify opportunities for process improvement
- Zscaler is the world’s leading software-as-a-service security platform
- We deliver best of breed security services with unprecedented scale
- 100 Million threats detected a day across 185+ countries
- Glassdoor rating of 4.7/5.0 + 98% CEO Approval = Exceptional place to work!
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.