Software Engineer - Nanolog - (C , Filesystem , Database , datastorage Developer)
Position: Software Engineer - Nanolog - (C, Filesystem, Database, Data storage Developer)
Location: Chandigarh, India
Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Applications have moved from the data center to the cloud and users are connecting to their workloads from everywhere, but security has remained anchored to the data center. Zscaler is redefining security by moving it out of the data center and into the cloud.
The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform uses software-defined business policies, not appliances, to securely connect the right user to the right application, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler offers two service suites. Zscaler Internet Access™ scans every byte of traffic to ensure that nothing bad comes in and nothing good leaks out. Zscaler Private Access™ offers authorized users secure and fast access to internal applications hosted in the data center or public clouds—without a VPN.
Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, the Zscaler multi-tenant, distributed security cloud protects thousands of customers from cyber attacks and data loss, enabling customers to embrace the agility, speed, and cost containment of the cloud—securely.
The Software Engineer - Nanolog - (C, Filesystem, Database, data storage Developer) will report to the Sr. Director, Software Engineering. The Software Engineer will be part of a highly talented team that has built a groundbreaking “In the Cloud" web, DNS and firewall security solution. High performance and scalability are the hallmarks of this highly distributed and multi-tenant cloud. The engineer for Nanolog will lead and mentor a small team of talented engineers in our Bangalore development center. Please apply only if you have a penchant for code, comfortable guiding a small team of engineers and love to take ownership of a larger component and be accountable for it.
We develop innovative solutions that are transforming the internet security business, and millions of users rely on our services for data protection and comprehensive security. We also provide real-time analytics to our customers for unmatched visibility and maintain a state-of-the-art NOC. The development team works on web filtering, policy enforcement, next-gen firewall, sandboxing, DLP, and mobile user solutions. Being responsive to our customers and delivering industry-leading mission-critical solutions require precise engineering and a philosophy of continuous improvement, both areas in which Zscaler engineers excel.
Nanolog is Zscaler’s big data stack. It was purpose-built from scratch to deal with several billions of events originating from Zscaler’s distributed proxy and firewall enforcement nodes located in several data-centers across the globe. Nanolog uses patented technology to reduce log volume by 10 to 50 times with several compression techniques. Not only does the platform collects and store logs
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- Design custom compression algorithms to increase the storage density of logs and metrics
- Improve the performance of ad-hoc queries supported by our query engine
- Profile code and improve the efficiency of hot spots
- Mentor junior engineers
- At least 5+ years of experience in:
- Proficiency in programming languages – C/C++
- Strong in Algorithms and Data Structures
- Good understanding of distributed systems
- Very good debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of any Unix system
- Strong in fundamentals - High-performance Computing, Event-based programming, Multi-threading, Memory optimization, Fault Tolerance, etc
- Experience developing large, maintainable software product architectures
- Strong software design, profiling and verification skills
- Experience leading and/or mentoring a small team
- Knowledge of internals of databases.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP protocols and tuning
- Working knowledge of Java
- BS degree or higher strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Self-starter takes initiative, identifies and completes tasks; goal driven
- Professional with the ability to properly handle confidential information
- Ability to work and thrive in a geographically distributed team
What You Can Expect From Us
- An environment where you will be working on cutting-edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
- The pace and excitement of working for a Silicon Valley Organisation
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Learn more at zscaler.com or follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.